What's the Best temp for Gluten Free Kegged Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerface

Reaction score
I have a question that will stump all experts here. I am ready to buy a fridge thermostat. What is best chilling temp for my Gluten Free (underline gluten free) kegged brew. :drunk:

I keep mine very cold. In the high 30's. I have me freezer set at 2 degrees celcius.

Primarily though, I think it is just personal preference.

I dunno about you guys, but I prefer my beer in the mid-40s to low 50s even...cellar temperatures, basically. Unless it's a lighter beer and it's very hot outside. I generally take my beers out of the fridge about 15-20 minutes before I plan to drink them, as my fridge is kept at 37°F. I feel like I can't actually taste beer when it's too cold.

I think it all depends. I agree with igliashon, good beer usually doesn't taste as good when it's ice-cold. My keezer is somewhere in the neighborhood of 38-39, and if I could set it higher I would. I'm using the stock thermostat, and it doesn't really go above 40. My preference is to start my beer when it's on the cold side and drink it slow. I think tasting beer across a large temperature range emphasizes different flavors and gives you a complete flavor continuum. But that's me :mug:

Back