Any good building plans for kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipi22

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has seen or maybe have a good plan for making a kegerator out of either a minifridge or a chest freezer. I am looking to make one but not sure what the best way to go about doing it is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

There have been several threads on this subject the past month...in this very forum I think. Read back a page or two and you'll run across them.

if you've got the room I'd do it with the chest freezer & a new thermostat, then its really just a matter of making sure you dont drill through any freon lines.
the mini-fridges are cool but expensive, i built mine out of an older fridge (one with the old alum box freezer that's not seperate) by tearing it to pieces and using a much smaller cabinet with tons of insulation and some plastic to keep things really air tight.
there's nothing too complicated about the whole thing, just follow the old carpenter's rule, "measure twice, cut/drill once" and make sure you know what you want it to look like & where it should fit before you go gung-ho

I'm actually working on a ridiculous fridge project as we speak. I'm converting a fairly new upright (freezer on top) into a 6 tapper. It's going to feature all stainless steel shanks and faucets (Vent-Matic) and a gas distribution manifold of my own design that contains absolutely no barb fittings. Yes, I know, I've lost my mind. But I sold some stuff that I didn't use and decided to spend it all on stuff that I will use.

I plan to document everything, including a parts list and photos of the conversion. I'm starting tonight with the gas manifold assembly. It's not necessarily a project that most folks will want to duplicate, but it will be a good tutorial since the basics of every fridge conversion are similar.

Prosit!

Back