Beer, Hockey Injuries and Painkillers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScoutMan

Reaction score
Looks like brewing is back @ the forefront of my non-work life for a while. Been around this board for several years and have learned alot here. Took some time off of brewing due to weather, work and a new found intrest in hockey.

Hadn't played in 20 years, got involved with a local team, and have been playing 3 times a week for the last several months. I didn't remember how much fun it was. Tore my MCL in the game the other night, so now I am in a knee brace, all hopped up on painkillers and IIPA.

Lots of new faces, some old familiar ones as well. Look forward to putting down a bunch of batches prior to summer and having a few virtual pints with you guys again.:drunk::mug:

I'm a brewer and a goalie... The two just go hand in hand! I play beer league once or twice a week, and my team always tailgates in the parking lot afterwards. We certainly put the beer in beer league!

Damn, sorry to hear about the injury. I blew out an MCL too about 20 years ago. Happy to say Im still playing and still brewing.

Hang in there and Im sure youll be back on the ice soon in the meantime maybe youll have to brew up some championship ale for your triumphant return to the ice!

How is the knee? Been over a year.

Well.... I dont want to alarm you but I do have issues with it to this day. Doc thinks I may have torn the miniscus. I dont really know how that happened but it kinda went down hill after I ran a marathon. Needless to say my running days are over but it doesnt seem to give me much problem from skating.

I'm a brewer and a hockey player. Bummer about your knee. I'm sure you can still show up at the rink with some home brews for the boys.

That stinks.

That's how I started brewing- a hockey injury laid me up for 18 months. So, I made wine and started brewing to help keep me from going stir crazy. Now, I have hockey AND brewing.

Back