What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitley not a stout. Not something easily categorized, but if you feel the need, maybe a barleywine. BA calls it an American Strong Ale which isn't a style in my world.

I would say its more of a barley wine taste. But kind of has a Belgian ale thing going on

Carb check of my AHS Sour Ginger Peach Ale. It's getting there, but I know why I never buy recipe kits.

image-206932857.jpg

I'm drinking cider. Simple apple cider. Bottled less than a week ago. Not yet carbonated. Dry like wine. But 8% abv, supposedly. 1.063 - 1.001 = 8.1%. After 4 of these I should be pretty buzzed, but I'm not, just barely. I'll keep drinking them. Maybe I'll wake up with a hangover and know for sure that it has alcohol. Time will tell. But for now, I'm drinking. Not proud, just drinking. Cheers!

Mmmmm Beauregarde. Good stuff

Does it taste like blueberries? I've got 9 lbs thawing in a better bottle now, but at only 2 lbs per gallon I'm worried it will be a waste. Blueberry beers rarely taste like blueberries.

tripplehazzard said:
I would say its more of a barley wine taste. But kind of has a Belgian ale thing going on

Sounds good. Brewed in 2010? I think that's what it said on BA. Nice that bottle had some age on it then.

Trying to figure out if I taste a dry cider or vinegar. Added 1 tsp of sugar. 8.27% sample of Apfelwein.
It's only 4 weeks old. Maybe I need to let it be.
image-292232593.jpg

A bottle of Hill Farmstead Damon that some friends of mine brought me. It's pretty good, but I think this beer may require some aging to become great. (more boozy than I like) It's also really lacking in vanilla, which surprised me.

Sam Adams Blueberry Hill Lager now. Had an overcarbed Coffee Brown earlier. More gushy than the previous ones. Grumble.

Wife had some fresh baked cupcakes for my belated bday when I walked in the door :ban: '84 here btw. G'night all

BGBC said:
Sam Adams Blueberry Hill Lager now. Had an overcarbed Coffee Brown earlier. More gushy than the previous ones. Grumble.

Wife had some fresh baked cupcakes for my belated bday when I walked in the door :ban: '84 herebtw. G'night all

'84 here as well. :D

My rice wine. This is from the only batch I made with 100% sweet rice instead of jasmine rice. Aged a few months. Pretty good at this point. A lot of alcohol, though. Wow!

image-2999248605.jpg

In DRIZZLE'S honor, I'm up all night to get drunky. ;)

My rice wine. This is from the only batch I made with 100% sweet rice instead of jasmine rice. Aged a few months. Pretty good at this point. A lot of alcohol, though. Wow!

In DRIZZLE'S honor, I'm up all night to get drunky. ;)

With that pour of rice wine yes lol. Ill be up if this old fashion doesnt kick my ass. A prairie funk galaxy is on my radar.

DisturbdChemist said:
With that pour of rice wine yes lol. Ill be up if this old fashion doesnt kick my ass. A prairie funk galaxy is on my radar.

The bottle of rice wine will be obliterated in no time. ;)
I really liked the Funky Galaxy. I really should buy a bottle.

nukebrewer said:
I don't know if I can stay up all night on account of work at 10 in the morning, but I will do what I can to support.

That's the spirit! :D

I wanted to drink both of mark's saisons back to back. This is kinda weird, not bad at all, just not what I was expecting.

image-3837211583.jpg

Oddly sweet. Actually quite good, but unexpected.

what do you want?

What do you have? I've got the pumpkin, a chocolate vanilla oaked bourbon imperial stout, an old ale, a barleywine and an El Dorado single hop IPA for homebrew. I can also get some commercial brews if you're interested. Ever tried Gandhi-bot or Flower Power?

Cant wait to try it. Hopefully ill have some stuff to share.

No pressure. I'd be more than happy with just feedback. I'm planning on opening a brewery after I get out of the Navy so feedback is more valuable to me at this point.

jonmohno said:
Im thinkin a grilled cheese sand a wich right about now..:drunk:

Hell the fook yeah! I would be all about making one right now if it wouldn't wake my wife up since we're living in the living room while half of our house is torn apart. So this is my snack for now.

image-747952078.jpg

dryboroughbrewing said:
A bottle of Hill Farmstead Damon that some friends of mine brought me. It's pretty good, but I think this beer may require some aging to become great. (more boozy than I like) It's also really lacking in vanilla, which surprised me.

I've heard a ton of good things about hill farmstead. If you are looking for a nice jolt of vanilla in a brew I highly recommend both breckenridge' vanilla porter. And Maine beer Co.' Mean old Tom. Reall good brews to enjoy especially this time of year.

Btw I'm surprised to find i am about the same age as a lot of you guys and gals who frequent this thread. Don't know why I pictured most if not all of you being quite a few years senior to me. (June '87)

Finishing up the night with some tea and a drop of whiskey. Had a couple Sam smith nut browns tonight. I've been slacking on the pics in both quantity and quality. Need to learn heed the advice of the skilled photographers here. :drunk:

Cheers.

I should have slept hours ago but fook it. Punkin. It's not as good as I remembered.

image-2593710681.jpg

What do you have? I've got the pumpkin, a chocolate vanilla oaked bourbon imperial stout, an old ale, a barleywine and an El Dorado single hop IPA for homebrew. I can also get some commercial brews if you're interested. Ever tried Gandhi-bot or Flower Power?

No pressure. I'd be more than happy with just feedback. I'm planning on opening a brewery after I get out of the Navy so feedback is more valuable to me at this point.

My dream is also open a new pub here. Hope you like some of my stuff. I need to do some watery chemistry next.

DisturbdChemist said:
Hopefully this bottle does not chocolate milk lol. Hope to find more if there stuff soon especially bomb in November. Cant wait for Uinta to very on shelves

Haha, yeah that pour from WF did look pretty bad. The one I had from Petrol was good though. No chocolate milk there.
So much new beer coming to town, so little money. ;)

Back