So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday is going to be a LONG brew day. I will be using new equipment, and testing my new temp controller and 30 gallon fermentor.

I will be brewing an IIPA (12.5 gallons), that I am SUPER excited for and a cheap "Yellow fizzy" (25 gallons) style beer.

an english bitter on Sun

Next week is a Barley wine and a Brown

The new home has put a damper on brewing, gots to refill the larder.

:ban:

L

Going to knock out the Christmas Ales starting this weekend: a Fat Tire clone Sunday and a Magic Hat #9 clone Wednesday.

I AM :)

hehe I am brewing a Corona clone for my mother in law because its her fav... and then I ordered myself a nice Golden Wheat, and then a Guiness clone that I have brewed once in the past and LOVE... Both of those are going in my kegs. The Corona will be bottled and sent out.

5 gal batch of Pils tomorrow. Can't lager, so gonna use S-05 and try and keeo it cool. Had one at homebrew club that was done the same way and it was delicious so we'll see.

Buddy is doing 5 gal of Brown. Tomorrow should be a great day!

Just re-racked an RIS onto some wlp099, built up a starter tonight, and brewing a founders porter clone tomorrow morning :ban:

gonna start in 2 or 3 hours. cream stout anyone? well if youre craving it ill be able to serve it up in about 2 months....seriously the 1 horrible part about this hobby lol

I'm new to the hobby, but I've got my equipment coming tomorrow. I'm going to be brewing a Cream Stout (from Midwest Supplies) Sunday 8/24.

Definitely excited. :)

Probably going to the the Belgian Strong Dark Ale that I was planned for last weekend - the starter finally started after an addition of go-ferm, and another liter of starter.

First time for a Bells best brown clone. The one from the 150 classic clones mag.

I love the beer, Has anyone tried the clone AG??

I'll be bottling my two hearted clone and brewing a pale ale in the vein of Southern Tier's on Monday! Got my starter going today.

Brewing some sort of hoppy amber/red ale tomorrow. Haven't quite decided on a recipe, but I've got Columbus, Amarillo, Chinook, Galena, and Cascade available in ample quantity so we'll see what happens.

was going to do a lavender pale ale tomorrow, but I don't think my stout's done fermenting. maybe later next week since I work early most of the week.

Mashing an Amber right now, that hopefully will come out similar to, but better than Fat Tire.

Figured out next time when it's cold out got to get the sleeping back out to wrap the kettle.

Just finished up my Smoked Porter....was my first brew in a few years. Hope it turns out ok.

Just finished the "Common Room ESB" from the recipe section. Pitched yeast and put in the fermenter fridge. :rockin:

And I only had three pints while brewing.. well three and a half.

1 Bass ale
2 Octoberfests
1 FG sample from my oatmeal stout

finished the innkeeper extract kit from northern brewer. hoping fermentation starts before i get home tommorow. worrying about fermentation not starting is hardest part

Brewed Grapefruit Witbier yesterday and my Winter Warmer today. I still have an Irish Stout on deck, but my back won't take it so it will have to wait until next week. I saw that I scorched some of the wort in my Winter Warmer, I hope it won't taste like burnt crap :mad:

Bottling Bob's Mild tomorrow.

brewed a marris otter/cascade SMaSH...my first smash brew. Came in at 1.048, right where I was shooting for. I think I've finally got my brewhouse dialed in.

5 gallons of The Pol's Holiday Spiced Ale (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f78/holiday-spiced-ale-89603/). The beer smells great, and S-04 was pulsing the airlock less than 2 hours after pitching. However, I got terrible efficiency for second batch in a row (51% this time). Missed my target OG due to only having 1.5lbs DME on hand to compensate for low efficiency. Time to do some extract efficiency experiments with ~1 lb of grain to see if the crush from my LHBS is the problem, or if it is something I'm doing.

I plan to do either a pale ale or a blonde on Sunday. I finally built a 3-tier system that I need to work out the kinks on. A simple beer should do nicely before using my system to brew a Founder's Breakfast Stout clone.

I might brew a cider. My local grocery store has Langers Apple Juice on sale for 99 cents a gallon. They where sold out yesterday though

I'd like to get something in the fermentor. Maybe a cream ale, or an Irish Red. But I also need to get my Witbier into the keg, bottle some Golden Ale, and put finishing touches on the Kegerator. Hubby is supposed to get the wood to make the bottom flat. PLUS through all the chaos of moving we finally found his drillbits to make holes in the fridge for the shank. Long halloween weekend for us....

Latest posts

Back