Electrical Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcav

Still Believing In God, Family &This Great Country
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Forgive me for my electronic incompetence but does anyone know if it is possible to attach the wires coming from or out of the Honeywell VR8200 standing pilot valves to the control box, via a quick disconnect?

I have not seen anyone yet do this with their systems. I would like to be able to do this if possible, as everything else on my control box will be able to either plug in, or attach with a quick disconnect.

If it is possible can one use a XLR microphone jack quick disconnect, or something else?

John

If the wires are low voltage info lines (millivolts, resistance etc...) ou would be fine. I wouldn't run line voltage through an xlr

If the wires are low voltage info lines (millivolts, resistance etc...) ou would be fine. I wouldn't run line voltage through an xlr

Thanks for getting back to me, I just realized you replied. Since I can't use an xlr, can I run line voltage through any other type of disconnect, or a plug of some sort. If so and you know of what would work, please get back to me and if possible send me a link to the product you recommend. I would really like to be able to detach the electric wires coming out of the control box that go to and give power to the Honeywell valves.

Thanks again!

John

You might want to check specs on your xlr's. I think some are rated for line voltage. I have seen other projects where they were used.

Ok, I will look into it. My control box is either going to move out of the way and fold back against the stand for storage on a hinge, or I will mount the control box on it's own stand as it is heavy, and just plug in the electrical components to make the connections to the box for the temp controllers. I would like to plug in the Honeywell valve connections to the box if possible.

Latest posts

Back