out of space.what do i do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amishland

Reaction score
I know there is a simple solution to my problem, but wanted to hear it from some of you. I need to buy more carboys. what do I need to get, as in what is more common to be needed down the road. 6gal or 5 gal BB?

I have the following in storage waiting........ note these are all of my storage vessels
6gal BB: Phat Tyre Clone w/ NB yeast (2.4.28)
5gal BB: "The Dog" Brown Ale (1.21.08) (this was racked from primary to secondary on 2.2.08)
5gal BB: Ed's Apfelwein (1.12.08)(this is clear but have not checked gravity since OG)

I need to purchase a bottling bucket, and figure I should get ingredients and start another batch while I am at it.

I want to move my phat tyre clone as soon as its ready and figure this weekend should just about do it for me, and there are no open 5 gal carboys.

Can the apfelwein be sent to bottles if its gravity says so? or should I just pony up for another carboy? and should it be another 5 or 6 gal?

Both the brown and apfelwein could probably be bottled although a gravity reading is always good to keep it safe. As for Carboys, I would get another 6 gallon one if I was you. That way you have two primaries and two secondaries.

I would get another secondary. Having more than 1 primary going at a time is more rare for me at least. I tend to secondary for a long time so I need a bunch of extra secondary carboys usually.

Boerderij Kabouter said:
I would get another secondary. Having more than 1 primary going at a time is more rare for me at least. I tend to secondary for a long time so I need a bunch of extra secondary carboys usually.

Same here, but it is a matter of how you brew or want to.

TL

Back