What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaaahhhhh......

1392168154990.jpg

Good People Brown Ale and a Below the Radar Black Ops IPA

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

A MO/Cascade SMaSH pale ale I brewed last fall, very loosely inspired by the New Albion recipe. I'm not sure what to call it - it's a bit too hoppy for an APA (and is made with an English malt), but not really heavy enough for an IPA. I think if I had to choose a category, I'd call it an APA and take my lumps for it.

having my Over Blended Mess. the bottles are starting to develop pellicles, so I had to try another... this is science, people!!!

That'll happen on these big jobs.

Bomber of my ~14% Apfelwein.

Oh lawd!

Last Narwahl. About to take another sample of my Baltic porter. Should be ready to lager, just want to make sure. Someone remind me around September to make at least 4 batches of strong, dark beer for next winter.

Had a duck rabbit smoked porter, bells brown and then another. Now drinking my warm vanilla bean bourbon whatever and water.

BP is at 1.022 from 1.092 in 9 days. Can't complain about that. I'll see how it changes with lagering, but I'm pretty happy with recipe for the first attempt. Might tweak the specialty malts a little next time, but I can see keeping this one around most of the time. Now I just need to figure out where I can lager a third batch.

BP is at 1.022 from 1.092 in 9 days. Can't complain about that. I'll see how it changes with lagering, but I'm pretty happy with recipe for the first attempt. Might tweak the specialty malts a little next time, but I can see keeping this one around most of the time. Now I just need to figure out where I can lager a third batch.

Those just get better with time... I need to rebrew my Baltic porter. Gonnna brew a cali common next and will probably harvest yeast from that and do the Baltic porter after.

This tastes really good after a year of age. However, I'm getting a green olive/soy sauce smell in the aroma. Weird.
uploadfromtaptalk1392174148021.jpg

Hawgwild81 hooked me up in the eMAW with a few different prairie beers and I've enjoyed them so much he's sending me a bunch more in a trade :D

Sent by a cellular communication device

I hope he sent some Bomb! and Noir. :D

Back