Tom Brady Injured!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
Lets all cry about how the leagues poster boy QB is hurt. What! He might miss the whole season! We must suspend all games now untill hes ok. Give me a break. Some of the lines these broadcasters are coming up with are making me sick. The league is in shock. A depressing injury. You guys can cry about it...my Bills will continue with our plan of winning our division. Plan on.

Game on...Screw Brady! The Bills can keep pullling those trick FG(field goal not final gravity) and we will win.

It's funny, but for some reason the last thing that would go through my mind if I heard that a player on a team, that just happened to not be my team, had torn his ACL would be to say; "f***k Him!" What kind of person would you have to be to derive pleasure from someone else's misfortune?

It's funny, but for some reason the last thing that would go through my mind if I heard that a player on a team, that just happened to not be my team, had torn his ACL would be to say; "f***k Him!" What kind of person would you have to be to derive pleasure from someone else's misfortune?
A fan of another team. Especially if your in that players division. Its not like hes dead. Unfortunately:ban:.

Hmmm. Another QB get hurt while Favre plays merrily on.

BTW I predict that Aaron Rodgers will be out for the season by the third snap of the game tomorrow. that's even if the Vikings win the toss. Rodgers will somehow find a way to get hurt on the sideline waiting to take the field..............

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.
Fight Eagles Fight, Score A Touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'Em Low.
Hit 'Em High.
And We'll Watch Our Eagles Fly.

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!

Good win today boys.

Fight Eagles Fight, Score A Touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'Em Low.
Hit 'Em High.
And We'll Watch Our Eagles Fly.

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!

Now, that's poetry. :D

Love that Favre can loft the TD on 4th down cause the kicker gets hurt. Awesum!

If I were a Jets fan, I wouldn't think that was "awesum"... I'd be pissed he even threw a duck like that up! But you know what, "he's just having fun out there", "he's a gunslinger". And christ, he looks old... He makes Jack Palance look like a teenager.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!

Tom Brady Injured!

24818BP%7ENelson-Posters.jpg

Tom%20Brady%20Injured%21

Not that I really like to see anyone get hurt, but...

...but Brady is such a smug *****ewrinkle, there's a part of me that is smiling on the inside when I read about it. Plus now the media might not be all up on the Pats' junk so much.

Not a Pats fan but if they were going to lose I'd prefer to see it with Brady running the show. Sorry Bird and Boston (& others); that sucks.

And Bernie, I'm thinking Rodgers makes it to the 3rd quarter before he gets carted off.

My take on this?

It sucks, but in a perverse way it makes the season more interesting. With Brady running the show, it didn't matter if we started the season 12-0, or 16-0, or whatever; it was all irrelevant until the playoffs came. Anything less than a Super Bowl WIN, and the season was going to be a disappointment.

Now, we'll really see how this team comes together. My guess is that they bring aboard Chris Simms to back up Cassel and move forward with a hard-nosed, power running game. Lots of short passes to Welker. Three yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust football with a very good, deep group of running backs.

Think; New York Giants with Jeff "Mr. Moustache" Hostetler.

My take on this?

It sucks, but in a perverse way it makes the season more interesting. With Brady running the show, it didn't matter if we started the season 12-0, or 16-0, or whatever; it was all irrelevant until the playoffs came. Anything less than a Super Bowl WIN, and the season was going to be a disappointment.

Now, we'll really see how this team comes together. My guess is that they bring aboard Chris Simms to back up Cassel and move forward with a hard-nosed, power running game. Lots of short passes to Welker. Three yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust football with a very good, deep group of running backs.

Think; New York Giants with Jeff "Mr. Moustache" Hostetler.
I agree. Im just sick of all the Brady dick sucking. How the team reacts will say a lot about them. But like you said it all means nothing untill the playoffs, and the Superbowl. Believe me I know Super Bowl pain.

brady isn't all that! NE will still have a good team without him......Just not nearly as good as the bills. lol can you imagine the locker room at halftime after the "fielddown" I think rob johnson is still available if NE is looking :)

Now, we just need every other starting and second string QB to get injured and THEN maybe Kitna ***MIGHT*** be able to perform.

I've seen trick plays where the kicker has a better arm than Kitna.

*grumble* *grumble* *grumble*

Now, we just need every other starting and second string QB to get injured and THEN maybe Kitna ***MIGHT*** be able to perform.

I've seen trick plays where the kicker has a better arm than Kitna.

*grumble* *grumble* *grumble*
lol like Brian Moorman.
Hold for possible video insert.
Edit: Never mind I cant access most videos on this network.

And the Mannings aren't?

But this isn't about the mannings, now is it?

Just because the media has the world's biggest mancrush on Brady, that doesn't mean he's a smug *****ewrinkle.

No, it doesn't, but he's one anyway. I suppose you forgot that interview last year where he laughed out loud when someone posited the idea that someone would beat them. He's a smug *****ewrinkle, but not because the media loves him.

And as for people being glad he is hurt, what ever happened to sportsmanship?

Meh, it's football...the bonecrunchingest of all sports. People get hurt every week. it's a big part of the game. You may not wish for someone to get hurt, but it's not unethical to smile when they do...

Brady haters all seem to have this weird gay thing where they can't stop talking about him, even when he's a non factor. Weird. Just goes to show you how good he is - one twisted knee, and suddenly Buffalo has a chance to maybe lose yet another Super Bowl.

I thought the Pats game was illuminating in other ways... the run defense looks impregnable, despite linebacker age issues. The secondary does indeed seem to be a problem. Moss and Welker were shaking some rust off, but looked OK otherwise. The d line is great. The o line gets more overrated every day. The special teams look rusty. In any case, even with Brady and an "easy" schedule, they weren't a lock to repeat 16-0, never mind 18-1.

Buffalo displayed some impressive special teams play in their game. I'm curious to see if Edwards can fulfill his potential and escape mediocrity (throwing more TDs than picks this year would be a start). Thrashing the Seahawks was an impressive feat given that on paper, Seattle's not a horrible team... but it is only week 1.

Lets all cry about how the leagues poster boy QB is hurt. What! He might miss the whole season! We must suspend all games now untill hes ok. Give me a break. Some of the lines these broadcasters are coming up with are making me sick. The league is in shock. A depressing injury. You guys can cry about it...my Bills will continue with our plan of winning our division. Plan on.

I'm betting Mike Greenberg (ESPN) is sitting in his Oakland hotel room with a big Brett poster on the ceiling wanking it with Brady out. And Madden is in the other bed.

I'm pissed off now that the Pats didn't go after Pennington to be their backup (although I'm sure he was looking for a chance to start).

I'm just pissed off I can't wish ill will towards either Marsawn Lynch OR Clinton Portis on y'alls teams, since they're both on my damn fantasy team.

You've got some bad karma points coming, mo-fos!

If I were a Patty fan (and I'm definitely not!!!!) I would be worried. Second string QB or not, if a "rebuilding" team like KC can almost beat the mighty NE, I'd say the Patties are going to have problems this year, I will root for those problems. :D

As for a second string QB... he could perform really well and get into the playoffs and win some games. Some of us remember Frank Reich and the greatest comeback in NFL history. (PS, I was at that game and didn't leave at halftime. :rockin:)

I'm just pissed off I can't wish ill will towards either Marsawn Lynch OR Clinton Portis on y'alls teams, since they're both on my damn fantasy team.

You've got some bad karma points coming, mo-fos!

LMAO I have a karma surplus so I'm good. I'm not going to shed a tear for brady but I'm also now going to jump about laughing. I believe he's a good QB but not the second coming like the media would like you to believe. As far as his ego....How can you not get a big head when all people do is tell you how great you are. I'd love to see how he would perform on a normal team would his halo shine as bright? The day I realized how messed up this were getting was the day they ranked him above favre and marino.

I can't stand the Pats, but with Brady hurt, I'm waiting for the excuses to come pouring in when my Jets kick their @ss next week. I think Favre was born to wear green.:D

If I were a Jets fan, I wouldn't think that was "awesum"... I'd be pissed he even threw a duck like that up! But you know what, "he's just having fun out there", "he's a gunslinger". And christ, he looks old... He makes Jack Palance look like a teenager.

I'm not a Jets fan but Brett did the right thing. It was 4th and 13 and he was going to be sacked. Ofcourse you throw it up and hope for the best. It just seems like Brett does this better than most, or at least is luckier.

Craig

Back