Single Malt and Single Hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been threatening to do it for I while.
Today is the Day.
A single malt and a single hop for a Single malt beer.
Marris Otter and Fuggles. What else.:rockin:The best combination ever.;)
I think I'll go for a 4% medium temp mash with balance bitterness.

I'm considering making my next 3 batches like this one at 4% one at 5% and one at over 6%.
I want to get back to basics (not that I've strayed far) to enable me to get my technique honed.

single_malt_bottle.jpg

your pushing those combos to the extreme, don't you think;)

That combo is like homemade hot apple pie with a nice scoop of all natural vanilla ice cream:mug:

I went with this idea today.

2 Row Pale Malt with Cascade hops. Everything went very smoothly. Kind of nice having such a simple approach on brewday. Should be a nice pale ale when it's all said and done. I'm thinking of splitting the batch after 3 weeks in primary. Would be dry hopping both, but am considering adding honey to the secondary as well. Would split the batch to see the difference with/without honey.

cp

Nice idea. I think Chriso set up the SMaSH group on here, and there are combinations people have tried listed on there - I'll see if I can find a direct link to it...

Here ya go: http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/SMaSH_Enthusiasts

Did the location of this group change? When I click on the link, google says there is no page.

I bought some American Pale Ale malt and some UK Fuggles and I am gonna give it a whirl but I wanted to see if anyone had any luck with that combo, or if there are any others I want to give a shot next time.

Back