Sam Adams Winter Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffd520

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the kind of hops used in this beer I love the aroma and would like to use it in one of my recipes but I can't place what it is.

From SA web site:

Samuel Adams Winter Lager is a dark wheat bock. Bock beers are traditionally strong dark lagers originating in the town of Einbeck Germany. The name origins of the name bock for this style of beer is much debated. Meaning “billy goat” in German, some claim its association comes from the time of year in which the beers were brewed during the astrological sign of Capricorn. Others claim that bock references the is linked to the name of the town of Einbeck / Einbock. Bocks are known for their rich malt character and low bitterness. High in food energy and nutrients, these beers were traditionally brewed by monks during fasting on holidays such as Christmas and Lent. These stronger brews are thus closely associated with the holidays.

Color: Deep ruby brown, 25 SRM
Original Gravity: 14.3° Plato
Alcohol by Vol/Wt: 5.6%ABV – 4.4% ABW
Calories/12 oz.: 193
IBUs: 22
Malt Varieties: Samuel Adams two-row pale malt blend, Caramel 60, malted wheat, Carafa, and Munich 10
Hop Variety: Hallertau Mittelfrueh Noble hops
Special Ingredients: Orange peel, ginger, and cinnamon
Yeast Strain: Samuel Adams lager yeast

Latest posts

Back