what's beers as a wedding gift

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMan

Reaction score
I am getting married in a year. And all my groomsmen are beer nerds like me. I decided it would be great to get them some of those rare beers that are costly to find and get, as my gift to them each. I was thinking around $50-$75 total per person. What beers would you suggest I find? I have a year, so i have time to be patient and find just about anything I want.

There is a lot of rare stuff out there and it would just be cool to treat my groomsmen to some beers that they would likely not find for themselves.

If you are in Illnois, what is wrong with 3Fs

but russina river and cigar city would make good gifts

Well i figure I might try to track down a dark lord or two, maybe battle priest too. But other than that we get and have had most 3 floyds stuff.

Get all but one great craft beers (I'm not up on the good ones) and give one Bud Light. :D

Wait until he is almost angry then give him the good stuff. Probably with an extra bottle or two to soothe the wounded pride.:mug:

kh54s10 said:
Get all but one great craft beers (I'm not up on the good ones) and give one Bud Light. :D

Wait until he is almost angry then give him the good stuff. Probably with an extra bottle or two to soothe the wounded pride.:mug:

Haha, I will do this. I'll simply tell him I thought bud light platinum was his favorite.

Good idea

Go for stuff that can stand up to some aging. Brooklyn local one or black chocolate stout, north coast old ale, sierra Nevada big foot, dogfish head 120 min or world wide stout, st bernadus 12, maybe a sour like a Flanders red?, and then something that is fresh and hoppy? Just my thoughts..

That was my plan, I picked up a parabola, I'll probably give that to one of them. It will already be 1 year old when i give it away, so that's pretty cool. I was thinking hoppy beers would be out of the equation since i would have to find them fresh to be worthwhile. And at a few weeks from the wedding I don't want to be worrying about finding beers.

RainyDay said:
Definitely track down Deus. Rare and good.

Just looked it up, that's exactly the type of thing I am looking for. That's not something any of them would normally pick up, and it sounds great. One lucky groomsman will get that.

Well i figure I might try to track down a dark lord or two, maybe battle priest too. But other than that we get and have had most 3 floyds stuff.

You have a year. Go to DLD next year. Its awesome, this year was my first year. You get 4 bottles of the regular(at least the last couple years) and a chance to win(pay 50 bucks) a barrel aged variation.

Also, go to the binnies in the South loop periodically as they get some serious stuff in stock on occasion. Plus their draft selection usually has some gems to make your trip worthwhile.

Some of the Jolly Pumpkin specialties would also be an excellent call.

Try to track down some Founders Kentucky or Canadian breakfast stout as well, when it is released.

This is a good project to take your time with, way to plan ahead.

Actually you could use Deus to toast at the wedding. It's a champagne style beer...Deus likes to be served very, very cold. Another one to get is Jw Lee's Harvest Ale.

Latest posts

Back