What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My one experience with that was pleasant. Again though i was a few beers in when i had it and i usually tend to enjoy anything i drink when im a few brews in.

I typically tend to get more critical as I drink more, up to a certain point. Well, not more critical, but more vocal with my criticism.

Awesome picture!

I'm drinking a Crooked Fence 3 Picket Porter...might have a Lagunitas Brown Shugga' later.

Thanks. Enjoy the Brown Shugga' if you have it. Fvcking fantastic beer.

So, at the homebrew club meeting I had some Grisette (farmhouse ale from the brewery where we meet) and then sampled a bunch of homebrew. There was a Cru with BK C1 (Cantillion strain) that was awesome, a bunch of saisons that had a bitter finish (Gabe - care to guess on that?) a green RIS that was good. Then there was a green Lambic that was overwhelming with lemon/lime flavor (it was way too young to have been there) and a vanilla porter that was just bad.

Now I'm waiting to do some work at midnight and finally decided to crack open Gabe's blackberry stout. Wow! The blackberry is faded but there and the sourness is just right. Great beer!

image-2586107886.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
So, at the homebrew club meeting I had some Grisette (farmhouse ale from the brewery where we meet) and then sampled a bunch of homebrew. There was a Cru with BK C1 (Cantillion strain) that was awesome, a bunch of saisons that had a bitter finish (Gabe - care to guess on that?) a green RIS that was good. Then there was a green Lambic that was overwhelming with lemon/lime flavor (it was way too young to have been there) and a vanilla porter that was just bad.

Now I'm waiting to do some work at midnight and finally decided to crack open Gabe's blackberry stout. Wow! The blackberry is faded but there and the sourness is just right. Great beer!

That blackberry stout sounds and looks great. If it tastes like what im imagining in my head, it tastes amazing too. :D

nukebrewer said:
I typically tend to get more critical as I drink more, up to a certain point. Well, not more critical, but more vocal with my criticism.

Thanks. Enjoy the Brown Shugga' if you have it. Fvcking fantastic beer.

I feel im able to somewhat accurately decipher my first 3 different beers depending on the style. After that if i mix and match any more than that i feel like my crappy palate is already muddled and it just get crappier as i just get $hitty. :D :mug:

Recycled pic. Drinking my last of my jai alai, while i decided to peek in on my mead. Looking clear and almost at a year. Think the first bottle will get opened on or around thanksgiving.

image-2681812159.jpg

image-1400722726.jpg

Dear lord Backwoods Bastard is incredible. I think this has easily leapfrogged KBS as my favorite Founders beer

mcbaumannerb said:
So, at the homebrew club meeting I had some Grisette (farmhouse ale from the brewery where we meet) and then sampled a bunch of homebrew. There was a Cru with BK C1 (Cantillion strain) that was awesome, a bunch of saisons that had a bitter finish (Gabe - care to guess on that?) a green RIS that was good. Then there was a green Lambic that was overwhelming with lemon/lime flavor (it was way too young to have been there) and a vanilla porter that was just bad. Now I'm waiting to do some work at midnight and finally decided to crack open Gabe's blackberry stout. Wow! The blackberry is faded but there and the sourness is just right. Great beer!

I haven't been thrilled with they bky C strains for primary. Did that beer have anything else in it? I've got a beer fermented with C1, C2, & C3 blend that I added some dregs too and it's tasting very nice.

Bitter saison? Wrong hops, too many hops at wrong time, or weird herbs/spices.

Glad you liked the stout! It never particularly tasted like blackberries. Wish I had froze some this year and that I had more of it. Will probably fit blueberry version into rotation soon.

0 tea thirty here. Perhaps with emergenC Norge side.

I haven't been thrilled with they bky C strains for primary. Did that beer have anything else in it? I've got a beer fermented with C1, C2, & C3 blend that I added some dregs too and it's tasting very nice.

Bitter saison? Wrong hops, too many hops at wrong time, or weird herbs/spices.

Glad you liked the stout! It never particularly tasted like blackberries. Wish I had froze some this year and that I had more of it. Will probably fit blueberry version into rotation soon.

0 tea thirty here. Perhaps with emergenC Norge side.

No, the C1 was all that was in there so it was a bit one dimensional. But, I loved it since it gave me a feel of what that strain would do :)

It didn't really taste like hop bitterness ... was more chemical aftertaste/bitterness. I was thinking a yeast by-product but not sure.

I started drinking the stout a little cold - it was really good once it got to the right temperature. That's what I get for being impatient :)

Time for a refill on the coff...

Just drinking water at work and wondering about a possible ethics question.

My wife is having her 39 week dr appointment at bryn mawr hospital (which is close to Tired Hands) and I'm wondering how inappropriate it would be to have her run in and get a couple growlers on her way home?

I figured the alchy thread is the best place to get this kind of advice

Just drinking water at work and wondering about a possible ethics question.

My wife is having her 39 week dr appointment at bryn mawr hospital (which is close to Tired Hands) and I'm wondering how inappropriate it would be to have her run in and get a couple growlers on her way home?

I figured the alchy thread is the best place to get this kind of advice

:D:D:D

On the Coff.

No, the C1 was all that was in there so it was a bit one dimensional. But, I loved it since it gave me a feel of what that strain would do :)

It didn't really taste like hop bitterness ... was more chemical aftertaste/bitterness. I was thinking a yeast by-product but not sure.

I started drinking the stout a little cold - it was really good once it got to the right temperature. That's what I get for being impatient :)

Time for a refill on the coff...

It just came to me. Have you had my other HB i sent you? Just wondering

Interesting is the best thing I can say about that beer also. Not bad, but not good at the same time. Complex is an understatement...

Haha it wasnt terrible, took me a half hour to drink it. IT was the experience that was worth it

How the hell did i do this upside down thing. Anyway it was a nice surprise.

You got quite the haul there! not sure if you have had myrcenary but it was Delicious!!!!!

Scotch mixed with some hot wort.

I gotta try this sometime

Coffee looked at my carboy this morning and it's going crazy you I guess it's not a lost cause happy I am <(-_-)>

It might turn out a little drying than you would want but itll be beer none the less :D

Drinking water while making pancakes :mug:

More Coff. Only a few hours away from smacking some brews.

Coffee. Ground up the last of the beans this morning so I better make it to the store later if I plan to get anything done at all tomorrow.

Having coffee this morning but last night I enjoyed a Top Cutter from Bale Breaker.

I like it, gonna have to try another tonight and break into the Field 41 from them as well.

Latest posts

Back