Lets Discuss Hopslam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no word back from the President of Bells about the recipe. I might call down there today and ask the person at the Homebrew shop if they can help. All they can say is no, right?

Just drank some hopslam and I must say, it wasn't bitter at all. Pure hop aroma and flavor. I was pretty shocked, as I was expecting to get annihilated (my palate), but it was simply very delicate and delicious. Maybe I've been drinking too much IPA's? Mmmmm

I am finally trying it. Amazing and not at all what I thought it would be. Very smooth not bitter at all.

I don't know if I'm the first... but I'll say, it's too sweet and just too "earthy" of a hop flavor for me. I prefer the nice bitter bite most D/IPAs have. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't purchase another.

Hopslam is great. It is much much better warm than cold. My beer fridge is at 45 F and that's too cold for it. At warmer temperatures, I've never had a beer with so much awesome hop aroma. It's like smelling a bag of simcoe hops, but better somehow. It's so clean and sweet and fresh smelling. I really don't know how they did it. I'm guessing tons and tons of dry hops, for a short period of time. There's none of the vegetal flavors there I get from dry hopping for even moderate amounts of time (7 days). And when they have a product that sells out everywhere it's sold and is coveted by those in the know, they can continue to raise the price. That's supply and demand. For those people saying it's too sweet, you're probably drinking it too cold. It is sweet, but when it's warm, there's so much hop aroma that the sweetness just acts to make the aroma and flavor that much more like hop candy. Actually, that's what they should have called it. Hop candy.

Back