Great Score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I bought all the items for my Purgatory Porter from a friend at a local brewery, and the total was $30.58!

That was for:

55# bag of Crisp Malt pale malt (British floor malted)
3# Black malt
3# Cara-Pils
3# Chocolate malt
1# 150 L Crystal
1# 80 L Crystal
1# 40 L Crystal
4 ozs. Northern Brewer pellets
12 ozs. EK Golding pellets

I totally freaked! He told me I could get whatever I wanted whenever. He is getting bulk pricing and simply passing it on to me. :ban:

That's a deal. I need to get some professional brewing buddies and the equipment to run 20 gallon brews. :p

That's way cool.
I talked to the owner/Brewmaster of a new brewpub going in in my neighborhood the other day, and he offered me advice and yeast from his fermenters. What he did NOT offer me was specific recipes or a JOB!

Brewpastor,
If your brewplace is willing to move some product long distance,send me a link or a # and i would throw some business in that direction. For prices like that i wouldn't mind the freight so much..I imagine i wouldn't be the only one.Don't mean to horn in on your deal though. :mug:

Hey BP, what are the laws regarding grain use for micros in the states? Up here a brewmaster at a local said he couldn't sell me any because then it looks like he's cooking the books and making beer with higher alcohol than he pays taxes for.

I think it varies from State to State, but here in New Mexico it is still pretty simple and there are no real crazy watchdogs. You have to report what goes on, but that is simply accounting. We use to sell grain to folks and simply list it as such. Really straight forward.

Latest posts

Back