Dish Washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flexbrew

Reaction score
F I use the dish washer and choose the sanitize option with normal dishwasher soap ( no spot remover) can i go directly to bottle? Would you still rnse in starsan? Would you use the dish washer?

Pretty much, the kids are getting a little older and dont want to help brew anymore, lol.

I would not use soap, if the bottle looks clean then all that needs to be done is sanitize. Soap reside can affect head retention in beer.

Hahaha! It's better to be safe than sorry. You might as well hit it with StarSan real quick. The bottles don't need to be completely dry with starsan, a little in there won't hurt or change the flavor.

I've used the dishwasher in the past. Just make sure the bottles dont have any crap in them, then run them through on the hottest setting with no soap. I take the bottles straight outta the dishwasher, fill, and cap. No problems

Latest posts

Back