The tale of the lost 999 Barley Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
It was a dark and dreary day...

I opened my beer freezer which is parked in my in-law's garage to make sure everything was fine with my stainless steel babies. My jaw dropped, there it was...one unmarked keg who's out poppit got un-poppited somehow and spewed precious beer all over the place and had sat for who knows how long and molded and mildewed all over the place. Solemnly, I dumped the rest of the beautiful brown liquid into my FIL's yard. I had aged it for over a year and never even got to taste it. The world was laughing at me...first I can't find a job and now I can't even drink away my sorrows...

3 days later:

I'm repainting a dresser for my SIL. I decide a pint of blonde ale would go well with working in the garage. I rig up a ghetto tap system with a party tap and pour a glass of the only other unmarked keg in the freezer. It's surprisingly brown for a blonde ale, oh crap...did this one some how get infected? Am I doomed to never drink my glorious homebrew again? I take a sip anyway...it wasn't a blonde ale...it was the 999 barley wine!!!!!!!!!!:ban: In my moment of sorrow and bleakness I had mistaken the rancid blonde as my beautiful barley wine. The clouds parted and the sun shown down upon me, for just a moment things seemed to be ok. I feel secure in the fact that I can take things one pint at a time...for now. :drunk:

A blown keg of barleywine would be a reasonable excuse to end it all. I'm glad it didn't turn out that way :p

Back