Anyone Use Pur Java?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agentEhrman

Reaction score
I just noticed this product at my local grocery store. http://www.purjava.com/index.html

Since I'm not a coffee drinker, it may be old news to some. But it's the first I've seen of it... It practically jumped off the shelf at me and poured itself into my next stout. :rockin:

Anyways, just curious if anyone has used this, or any other coffee extract to make their coffee/java stouts. Since cold brewing is the preffered technique on here for adding it, I plan to try it on my next batch. Any input/experience is appreciated.

I would be interested in something like that. It's a little on the pricey side, but you can't beat the ease of adding that. I couldn't find the ingredients on their site, but I searched for it and turned up "Ingredients: filtered water, coffee" so there's nothing weird to mess with your beer.

Yeah, from what I'm getting it is just and extract made from the cold brewing process to avoid the bitter and astringent flavors associated with normal coffee. I'm going to give it a try I think. Unless it ends up taking more extract than I am imagining, it seems like a good deal. Just add some at bottling/kegging to taste, POW!

Back