What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flying Dog Raging ***** Belgian-style IPA.

March Madness, baby.

ForumRunner_20130331_151509.jpg

So we got a case of Shock Top lemon shanty. My wife likes them and they were on super sale. I got a case for 12 bucks. Ok, so I'll tell the truth, I've been known to drink a few myself. In fact, I drinking one now. It's like soda pop beer:)

A few beers
a 2 inch cut porterhouse
a rack of BBQ ribs
no relatives
Happy Easter

Yeah,that's a lil weird. what's it taste like?;)
Tip roast's at 138F in the pit,145F & it's done. gunna wait till dinner to have some Fade to Black with it. Rocky Moutain Black Ale this year. It tastes like a stout with a dark ale finish. def a bit different.

Just kiddin around man. It's funny that we try to avoid that in beer,you know. Nice bottle for rice wine though... Like candied popcorn...like kettle corn maybe?

My house pale ale. Sonambulo.

Citra/Simcoe hops. It's a little undercarbonated. I wanted to see how it was coming along at 10 days in the bottle. :3

Oh, and it's delicious. Very.

Photo on 3-31-13 at 2.59 PM.jpg

Those hops should pop in about another 2 weeks or so.

Yeah! I've made this beer a couple of times and the sweet spot is about 23-38 days. After that, the beer still tastes great, but the Citra tends to fade and it starts tasting malty, nutty, and piney.

Remmy said:
Nice. I had that Lagunitas early yesterday morning while prepping a pre-Easter feast!!!

Enjoyed them both but the cappachino stout was definitely my fav of the day so far

Just kiddin around man. It's funny that we try to avoid that in beer,you know. Nice bottle for rice wine though... Like candied popcorn...like kettle corn maybe?

Thats what I was lookin for! Tastes like kettle corn, truthfully its really good like a guilty pleasure :D
Following it with a New Holland White Hatter Belgian White IPA

ForumRunner_20130331_171928.jpg

I'm going to try my light colored hybrid lager,Fade to Black,& Harpoon IPA with the tip roast & Italian sausage out of the pit. We'll see which one tastes best with what. If my brain stays connected to my palette that long...:tank:
Huh,kettle corn,that sounds pretty interesting at that. A little bitter,a little sweet...

Latest posts

Back