• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Polycarb Tubing for Sight Glass Builds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottD13

Reaction score
I have some left over polycarbonate tubing from my sight glass build if anyone's interested.

I have 6x16" lengths. I'm selling them for $3 or $15 for all 6.

They're 1/2" OD and 3/8" ID with a 1/16" wall thickness.

Anyone interested give me a shout.

I have a non-sale related question: How do you cut that stuff? I have some also that I want to use for the same purpose, but I have no idea how to cut it. Tips?

The stuff I have is borosilicate tubing, BTW...

Glass is a little different than plastic. They sell glass tubing cutters for that specific purpose. It scores a line all the way around and then you snap it off. However, I would NOT try using it without flame polishing the cut edge. Not only is it sharp and dangerous to handle, but it's way more prone to chipping.

Glass is a little different than plastic. They sell glass tubing cutters for that specific purpose. It scores a line all the way around and then you snap it off. However, I would NOT try using it without flame polishing the cut edge. Not only is it sharp and dangerous to handle, but it's way more prone to chipping.

Agreed, that's why I bought the polycarb; it can be cut with a hacksaw.

Thanks for the info. That gives me a starting point for finding the right tools.

Back