Tap handle layout, dimensional help needed.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

315er

Reaction score
I need a little help. I want to have several tap handles in a row w/ a shelf above.
I need to know:

"A" centerline of hole for spout above the top of the drip tray

"B" bottom of shelf above centerline of hole for spout to fit any tap handle

tapp.jpg

ANY tap handle? That's a tough request. The A dimention should allow a tall pils glass to sit on the tray and clear the faucet. With that considered, you'll be able to also use regular pint glasses and allow for a couple inch drop towards the end of the pour for head generation.

315er said:
what's a big tap handle 12" high?
Remember that the tap handle in the “off” position will tilt backward and a tall handle (12”) would probably not clear the wall.

Tall handles are fine if the taps are on a tower and back-wall clearance is not an issue.

Like Bobby said…use whatever glasses you intend to serve as the drivers for your dimensions.

Blasphemy, I'm sure....but I gave myself room for a pitcher....in regard to the 'A' dimension.

You'll be holding and tipping a glass anyway, right?

And just to clarify, your 'A' dimension extension line should be from bottom of faucet-don't make that oops....:D

Hey I have a "yard-of-ale" glass. Allow three feet from the drip tray to the faucet, I'll be right over. ;)

well, i guess this proves i have to do a little field research

Back