Simple Toolbox Pump/Rims Tube Build, lots of pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armurray189

Reaction score
So I couldn't resist, and I built a rims tube about a month and a half ago, but didn't build a container for all the electronics. I finally got the time to do it and just finished the build. Its a very simple wiring job. The things I'd still like to do are ground the Rims tube, and also put in a cooling fan, and a vent for air circulation. It does get hot inside the box when its running but if I just open the top of the toolbox its not a problem. I got the K-type connector (little yellow connector on the left side) from auber so i could fully disconnect the rims tube from the toolbox. Let me know what you think

2012-04-14_08-38-35_542.jpg

2012-04-14_10-16-08_849.jpg

2012-04-14_12-56-52_213.jpg

2012-04-14_12-57-20_656.jpg

2012-04-14_13-57-11_28.jpg

Yeah, I thought about that but I really want it to be an all-in-one box. If I leave the top open while it's running it's fine, but I'm planning on putting a cooling fan in on the back of the box directed at the pump, then a vent right next to the SSR to keep it from overheating when the top is closed.

I'm planning on putting a cooling fan in on the back of the box directed at the pump, then a vent right next to the SSR to keep it from overheating when the top is closed.

Exactly what I was going to suggest. I'd love to see the finished product when completed!

Back