Summer Vacation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ETCS

Reaction score
Just got back from my summer vacation. Spent 2 weeks in Colorado. First couple days was spent with my brother, who finally got himself married. Rest of the time was spent doing brewery tours. Places toured:

Ft. Collins, CO:
New Belgium Brewery
Odell Brewery
Ft. Collins Brewing Co.

Aurora, CO
Dry Dock Brew Company (This is the only place that you can drink a craft beer and browse the LHBS store at the same time.)

Denver, CO
Brekenridge Brewery

All in all, a great 2 weeks. Not ready to go back to work next week.

Colorado is the best state in the country, for beer and everything else. I try to go back (was stationed there in the 90's) every year or two. Usually I hit the places you listed. I love New Belgium. Early next year we are mixing it up, gonna hit the Western Slope and start looking at towns for when I retire (and breweries of course!)

a brewclub friend just came back from there last month and brought us 3 bottles to sample of a yet to be released Breckenridge beer. Going to be a limited deal called 71 Imperial. or is it '72? anyway a chocolate stout made with 250lb of rocky mountain chocolate factory chocolate. Not sure how big the batch was but he said they told him they added the chocolate in at whirlpool so I am guessing it was limited to whatever there capacity is at one time.. It was incredibly rich, couldn't drink much at once.

Back