Kegerator conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakeman_Brewing

Reaction score
So I notice alot of chatter about kegerator conversions people have done, has anyone converted a 4.5 cubic foot magic chef fridge?

32" tall, 18.5" wide, 18" front to back

I found a pretty killer deal on a scratch and dent model and im considering doing a conversion

any thoughts?

I have a reply in a post here that says the usable box dimension in front of the compressor hump of my fridge that JUST fits 2 ball lock kegs. That may help you figure out if yours will work. The fridge I converted was also 4.5cuft so you may be able to get it to work. Check out the conversion in my sig for details on what I had to do, should give you some ideas of what's required.

bradsul said:
I have a reply in a post here that says the usable box dimension in front of the compressor hump of my fridge that JUST fits 2 ball lock kegs. That may help you figure out if yours will work. The fridge I converted was also 4.5cuft so you may be able to get it to work. Check out the conversion in my sig for details on what I had to do, should give you some ideas of what's required.

wicked dude lemme check that out.

i havent started kegging yet, but the fridge i found would be perfect if the dimensions are right and i can get some input on the process.

Back