Best bulk hops/requesting hop schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidSteel

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying 3-4 kinds of hops in bulk (1lb each) and since I don't have a vacuum sealer, I was hoping to make a few IPA's or regular pale ales from the 3-4 kinds of hops (so I can use them up fairly quickly).

With that in mind,
-which hops would you suggest (as a universal hops, or good for a PA/IPA/IIPA)
-could you find/come up with a hop schedule for a PA/IPA/IIPA using the selected hops?
-is there any recipes out there using the 3-4 selected hops that you would suggest OR existing recipes that can be slightly altered to fit the 3-4 hops selected?

I know this is asking for a lot but I've yet to make any pale ales or IPA's, so I am pretty dark in that field. If it helps, I have the equipment to do AG and my favorite IPA is Dreadnaught. Thanks!

Cascade
Columbus
Magnum
Perle
Nugget
Centennial
???

I have those on hand and about 15 more, but those are what I use primarily in hop up front beers

I have an SNPA clone that uses some of these
Orange/Cascade APA by BlackLAb here is EXCELLENT and uses them

Look in the recipes section, lots of good stuff there!

I'm really looking for universal hops for any kind of brew, but since I don't have anything to preserve them, I figured I'd use the ones I choose in a PA/IPA recipe. I'm more looking for universal hops than just things for IPAs/PAs

There is no universal hop...

But the ones I posted can be used in a good many beers.

Latest posts

Back