Brewed Tonight 1st 10gal Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Battery_BreweryNJ

Reaction score
I recently converted a keg into a keggle, and broke it in tonight by brewing up my 1st 10gal batch. A nice Belgian Blonde for the summertime!

I'll post pics tomarrow, its too late now!(12:06am)

Brewday_6-24-08_BB_Setup.jpg

Brewday_6-24-08_BB_Ingredients.jpg

Gotta have a brew while brewing!!! (IPA)
Beer_IPA_2008.jpg

Sweet. Nice pics. That's a huge fermenter. Watch that thing for blow offs at 1.064. That's a nice light colored blonde....

Congrats on a 10-gallon batch. There's something kind of "powerful" about whipping up 10 gallons eh?

man I really need one of those flasks your measuring in. mine is cheap plastic with no footing, gotta be really careful when taking measurements

Tell us about your white fermenter ... it looks like something designed for water ...

I hope the lid comes off for cleaning

Nice. 10 gallons is a lot of beer, but I am sure it did not take you any longer to brew that than it does to brew 5. I have been trying to pick up a keg for a keggle, but there are too many damn homebrewers around here!

The Fermenter is made for 15 gallons of H2O, and i line it with a 15 gallon heavy-duty food grade plastic bag. So all i have to do is just toss the bag.
I pull the top of the bag out of a hole i drilled in the cap and open it up and stick a bung with an airlock in it, works great!!

Back