Keg Tap Couplers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HokieHomeBrew

Reaction score
What kind of tap couplers does this kind of keg use? I can't seem to find any information on any of the websites showing which coupler the kegs use to connect to the CO2 line. The reason I ask is because I already have a kegorator that I have used for regular American kegs (Miller Lite, Coors Light, Etc.) and I was wondering if these 5 gallon kegs would connect to my system with no modifications. The coupler used in my kegorator is a regular US coupler.

Here is a link to one of the kegs I'm talking about. I believe they are old soda kegs.

http://www.mdhb.com/product_info.ph...=3351&osCsid=bd2083084124f604324c0998c4d71aac

you need to remove the sanke coupler and replace it with some ball lock couplers, available online and at most homebrew stores.

like these:
tn2_large_balllock-set091709235256.jpg

are there any kegs that can be used for homebrewing that use a normal us coupler?

yes..you can use the type of kegs, you currently use, for homebrewing...just need to take them apart, clean and fill. Also, some of those 5gallon you can find, that have been converted to the US coupler you speak of. Some breweries use them. would save you from buying the new connectors that azscoob posted a pic of.

I have seen some modded ones, but nothing I have seen for sale, I would simply get a kit like {this one} to be able to go between the two types. my friend has this setup in his kegerator and absolutely loves it. he homebrews but also picks up commercial kegs for big parties.

Back