First post my Jockey Box/Kegerator/Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blckmorning

Reaction score
First of all I want to say i'm a long time lurker and have been inspired by alot of the posts on here. I've found alot of good advise and good tips/tricks when searching the forum for brewing ideas, recipes, and ultimately my new kegerator/jockey box/keezer. I know it's alot of different names for what i have, but what i've done is ran a line from my CO2 tank to my keg, and from there into my sliding top cooler that was once used in a grocery store to keep Cool Whip containers chilled. wrapped it around a PVC ladder i made and popped it out through a faucet. All and all the total cost, minus the beer ended up being about 200 dollars, and about 2 days worth of work/running around looking for parts. Here is the first picture, and more to come. I did note that one of my hose fittings on the Keg itself is a little leaky so I need to fix that, but all and all it works like a charm. Instead of using the traditional Beer faucet for the tap, i've opted for a lower profile cheaper faucet that you can buy at a typical big box home improvement store, it is meant for filtered water, but figured beer works just as good.

IMG-20110612-00146.jpg

Very well done and awesome project. I have that same liquid dispenser on my sink. I really like the clear top! And, welcome to the forum (formally). :p :mug:

Back