First Brew cracked open

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vekta

Reaction score
My first brew was ready right on 4th of July. This brew could not have gone more textbook and turned out great. A couple of bottles were taken to my friends family dinner and it got a great reception there. Another friend of mine that was there popped up on AIM and show his appreciation. :rockin:

:mug:

It had a nice 1 inch head on them that stayed around for a while. It really mellowed out and acquired that Amber Ale type of flavor. Exactly what I was going for. My buddy lookin at his first home brew...
IMAG0225.jpg

I got good lace on the glass. It's hard to see but that's the best shot out of the dozen or so we tried to take with a cell phone. (all we had)
IMAG0230.jpg

It's a really simple recipe I came up with after doing some reading on here.

1 lb. Sparkling Amber DME
.5 lb Light Munich
.25 lb Carahell

Saaz and Hallertau Mittelfruh hops .25 oz a piece

I used US-05 to keep things simple there to. It came in at around 5.2% ABV
I hit my OG spot on at 1.053 and hit my FG spot on at 1.013.

Congratulations!! This is where the addiction begins!! :D

:D

That remains to be scene unfortunately. My dad has been overdoing it lately and it might become an issue. I might give my starter equipment to a friend of mine ( in photo) if he can't lay off.

Sooooooo, how was the Amber? American, English, what hops? It's nice and clear!!

That info is already in the thread ma friend.

You know it's funny. I had it in secondary for about a week...then I said "meh, screw it. I can mess with that later" *BOTTLED!* :D

What I get for flippin from thread to thread....I miss all the good stuff and look foolish in the process!! :tank:

Looks good! Congratulations. Soon you will be on batch 10, then 20... I think of beer all the time now.

1 lb. of DME?

what size batch did you brew?

It was a 1 gallon batch. This was only a test batch.

I might upgrade to a 3 gallon system after I run through it one or two more times. I don't drink a whole lot.

:D

That remains to be scene unfortunately. My dad has been overdoing it lately and it might become an issue. I might give my starter equipment to a friend of mine ( in photo) if he can't lay off.

I completely understand. My dad gets drunk EVERY DAY. I took him a sixer of homebrew and it was gone ( no kidding) in about 30 minutes. he inhales beer. I simply do not mention the homebrew around him anymore. I will send him a sixer on occasion but thats it.

I completely understand. My dad gets drunk EVERY DAY. I took him a sixer of homebrew and it was gone ( no kidding) in about 30 minutes. he inhales beer. I simply do not mention the homebrew around him anymore. I will send him a sixer on occasion but thats it.

To the dismay of many I know, I might forgo any alcohol after my current catch of ingredients are gone. :eek:

This home brew was a lot of fun though, especially since it went so outrageously well for my first shot at it.

I know my dad won't touch Kava. :D

I will miss that nice IPA and a plate of short ribs though.:drunk:

Latest posts

Back