What are you seasonal beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just made my best beer to date, a pretty big American IPA. I think this will be a killer winter beer, kind of like SNPA Celebration Ale. It was easy, and got me thinking of putting together a good list of seasonals.

So far that would be my winter seasonal, I already have a killer Witbier for summer seasonal, and I'd like to work on a Pilsner for Spring, and the elusive Oktoberfest for fall.

Other than that I'll just bottle belgians routinely.

Just curious, what are your seasonal beers? How did you come across them?

Let's see. An Irish Red for the beginning of the year and a kolsch for the spring. Standard American Lager for the summer, (I know, I know, but I love "Hammweiser" for mowing the grass). Oktoberfest for fall (brewed back in March and lagering/hiding in the man fridge). And I brew the BYO clone of St. Arnold's X-mas ale for winter. With the exception of the Xmas brew, they all come from Jamil's Brewing Classic Styles as a base recipe with rare free lancing.

I almost always do a maibock in the winter, for drinking in the spring. I also tend to brew one or two very light beers in the spring for summer drinking- cream ale, Belgian blonde, etc.

But I still LOVE IPAs and make them every second batch for drinking all year round!

I usually make a brown ale for the fall (already done), and a pumpkin beer for October. This year though, I think the pumpkin beer may become a sweet potato beer instead. I don't really have any spring or summer seasonals as those aren't really my favorite styles. I tend to brew wheat beers in the warmer months.

Lately though, I've really been getting into lagers. I have a Vienna that will be ready for the late Fall, will be brewing a Schwarzbier next, and then a dopplebock.

I'm a year round German lager drinker, mixed with IPA's and APA's. A wheat in summer is nice. Fall gets me to thinking about stouts and porters - haven't brewed any yet this year but will likely stick to lower gravity versions. Dry Irish Stout and Vanilla Porter are likely on the menu this year - as well as a Schwarzbier!

Back