time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobodies gotten it. I am looking for a specific BJCP style.

This brew comes from a "family" of beers ranging greatly in alcohol content, though all having similar ingredients.

Nobodies gotten it. I am looking for a specific BJCP style.

This brew comes from a "family" of beers ranging greatly in alcohol content, though all having similar ingredients.

Belgian Dark Strong Ale.

edit: I suppose Belgian Quad basically counts as the same thing as my answer.

keesh said:
This is probably right but void because you've guessed 3 times today...

Doubt it anyways, as somebody already guessed Wee Heavy. My bet is that maxam got it.

Either that, or bottlebomber was wrong to reject that guess. But against my better judgment, I'd like to think he's not *that* stupid.

80 schilling/export would have been my guess for today if Maxam hadn't already said it. And I assume the strong Scottish ale means Strong Scotch Ale though I might be splitting hairs there. After a few McEwans, I'm often interchanging the two as well.

Doubt it anyways, as somebody already guessed Wee Heavy.

Is "Wee Heavy" an alternative name for the "Strong Scotch Ale" style? I thought it was just a commercial name for a beer of that style. Similar to all Old Ales can be considered Winter Warmers, but not all Winter Warmers can be called Old Ales.

EDIT: a simple review of the BJCP guidelines says wee heavy and strong scotch ale are synonymous.

Screen_Shot_2012-02-02_at_2_47_46_PM.png

Hint: This beer is commonly drunk very green.

Wit

barrooze said:
Is "Wee Heavy" an alternative name for the "Strong Scotch Ale" style? I thought it was just a commercial name for a beer of that style. Similar to all Old Ales can be considered Winter Warmers, but not all Winter Warmers can be called Old Ales.

You have that backwards ;)

Back