From Georgia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kid mode

Reaction score
The next new guy. From Savannah, GA. I brew very little and (don't shoot) only cider and wine. Maybe someday I'll brew a beer.

Howdy! Things have been a bit slow around here of late. Welcome to the board....I'd like to do a cider eventually, so your expertise will be very welcome!

Maybe in the meantime we can convince you to do some beer. :)

Sam

Well, I still love cider and am planning a couple batches as apple season approaches. But, you guys did convince me to brew some beer. It's a lot of fun. That's for sure. I posted about it in the all-grain section.

I have actually been thinking of making a cider this fall. There is a nice apple orchard not far from my parent's place and we used to go there all the time as a kid. My parents still go several times during the autumn to get apples. My father loves to make dried apples, and my mom makes a killer crisp.

Anyone have any good articles about making cider?

Actually, I just moved to Atlanta. There's some great selection of beer here. I just went to the Atlanta Brewing Co. tour yesterday. Cool operation and a great signature brown ale. Hopefully, my first AG will come somewhere close.
I now live about an hour away from Georgia's "apple capitol", Elijay. Peak season is next month and I'm formulating plans. Definitely excited.

Latest posts

Back