Beer so bad they cant give it away....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually took the time and read the comments. Here are my 2 favorites:

Pro Bud:
"People get so wrapped up in drinking the most obscure "interesting" tasting beers that they miss out of enjoying a quality Budweiser."

Anti Bud:
"Pilsners suck! I know bud claims it's a lager but it's not and if your gonna drink a pilsner you might as well pay less."

Haha, right. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Greed is the trend and I don't doubt that, but it is reality and I'm not buying if I don't have to. Americans need to start taking back what is theirs and stop selling out to foreigners. What ever happened to the strong work ethic that started this country? I know, Wall Street is what happened.:mad:

Greed is the trend and I don't doubt that, but it is reality and I'm not buying if I don't have to. Americans need to start taking back what is theirs and stop selling out to foreigners. What ever happened to the strong work ethic that started this country? I know, Wall Street is what happened.:mad:

I dont think this is the proper forum for this discussion. But wall street didnt cause Bud to sell out. Wall Street works harder than the rest of america, trying to make living to support their families and support half of america in the process by paying ridiculous taxes.

It's the average american that caused the recession. They borrowed more than they could afford. Wallstreet made an investment in america, banking on the fact that americans would pay their mortgages. They didnt, and it caused the so called credit crunch.

It's the average american that caused the recession. They borrowed more than they could afford. Wallstreet made an investment in america, banking on the fact that americans would pay their mortgages. They didnt, and it caused the so called credit crunch.

You're right, this isn't the place to discuss this.

But this is so very wrong it's incredible. "Wall Street" made specific investments and instruments so that they would make a ton of money WHEN Americans defaulted.

Actually, August Busch III put up quite a fight trying to stop the sale. Blame the other American share holders who sold out. The same people who brought you the recession.

You mean to tell me the Busch's don't control 50.00000001% of the company?

I dont think this is the proper forum for this discussion. But wall street didnt cause Bud to sell out. Wall Street works harder than the rest of america, trying to make living to support their families and support half of america in the process by paying ridiculous taxes.

Yeah corporate America! :rockin:

You mean to tell me the Busch's don't control 50.00000001% of the company?
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3469/is_n42_v40/ai_8051229/
According to Anheuser-Busch's March, 1989 proxy report, August Busch III, current chief of the brewery, holds 689,000 shares. Board members with significant share holdings are: Peter Flanigan, managing director, Dillon, Read, with 906,400 shares; Richard Baker, former chairman of Ernst & Ernst, with 33,900 shares; Fred Kuhlmann, vice chairman of the AB board, with 54,158 shares; and Walter Reisinger, customer services manager, with 875,397 shares.

I have not had one in a while, I may stop on the way home and BUY a six pack just as a reminder but I never thought of it as bad beer and not pee either. I love all the double, tripple and quad trappist beers out there for example but I have no real problems drinking the beers other call pee either. I would take free bud no problem. I think you are right though, don't see regular bud advertised anymore and they push all the lower calorie beers instead.

I am replying to my own post as a reminder to what I am referring to. I decided to stop and buy some old fashioned Budweiser, in glass, to remind myself what it tastes like and why so many say it is the worst beer they ever had.

Well, I have to say I don't quite remember it the way I do from when I drank it in my 20's back when it was still cool to drink it. It had much less flavor than I remember but by no means did it taste bad, just more watery than I remember. I only had a pint so I had a Natural Light immediately after it and believe it or not I think it had more flavor than the Bud. Girlfriend agreed.

Bottom line for me is the beer is not bad; it fits right in with the popular style of American beer of its time. Does it have as much flavor as say a craft beer? No, but then again it was not meant to.

Latest posts

Back