Sierra Nevada Kellerweis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw an ad for this in the latest BYO and thought it sounded intriguing. I am not really one for Heffes, wheat beers and/or Belgians, but there are a few I like. I went to the Dutch Goose last night for $1 draft Thursday and they had this on tap. After blowing the keg of Dagger Falls IPA :'( I decided to give this a shot. The bartender said that Boise is a test city for Sierra's new beers (cool).
Anyways... nice bright golden yellow color, unfiltered, white thick head. The aroma was fruity with definite banana and clove, but you could also detect a little hoppiness in the background - very light, but still present. The flavor was fruity, banana, clove, but fairly light on those flavors (not like a full out belgian). :ban: It was not super sweet like I expected, but had a nice richness to it. You could tell it wasn't just a plain wheat beer. It had a very nice body and mouthfeel - most likely due to the munich malt in it. You could also taste the balance between grains and hops and yeast. No one thing stood out as an anomaly - it was very even.
I would definitely recommend you guys try this beer. I will for sure be trying to locate a 6'er asap because this is a great summertime beer!:mug:
Kellerweis is one of my favorites, when I can find it .

Back