anybody play WOW? (world of warcraft)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had to quit, and never looked back.

hopefully i will never et into another MMORPG again

Amen to that. Played over 3 years now, haven't played in 3 weeks and hoping to keep it that way. Game got boring with BT and Hyjiall on farm, Didn't want to waste time on sunwell just for WotLK to come out and make any lvl 70 gear obsolete.

I was never into end game raiding so I lost interest pretty quick after hitting the mid-60s. Now I am into EvE Online, much steeper learning curve, total sandbox environment, and designed for meaningful pvp.

i play the game everynow and then.. (fenris horde) but im thinkign about cancelling my subscription cuz i dont play enough.. too addicting, it can be

I just quit about a month ago, had a 70 hunter and 70 mage, with the hunter being my main. Our guild started running into a bit of drama along with hardcore people not signing up as much for raids, and churning through recruits. Sooo, the leadership tried to salvage things with a merger with another guild, and I lost interest around then. I currently am digging Warhammer atm though.

I've been playing for about a year now. I can see the obsessive aspect of it, although I'm not usually on every night. I get a few hours in each week. For me it's the best $15 a month that gaming can get you.

I play using teamspeak and some of my best friends. I have my own TS server, so I can keep the riff-raff off of it.

My friends have lvl70 toons, but I'm only at about 47. I got another lvl 16 and a couple of real low toons. I mostly only play when I can get together with the others.

If you play, you really need to stand back and look at yourself and decide if you are way too caught up in it for your own good.

I used to play games. :D Never got into WoW, mostly because most of our team left 2k4 for WoW just about a month before we went to the GGL Americup several years back. Needless to say we got our @sses kicked because most of the team was out of practice. So for that reason alone I am biased :D

I played UO for a couple years and was definately addicted to that game. Finally I had to quit cold turkey. My younger brother was into WoW for a while and it was sad at times. He'd wake up and play 16+ hours straight on the weekends (ate meals in front of the game), during the week he'd log on right after school and play late into the night. WoW was his life. Then he went off to college, saw other students caught up in the game, and stopped once he saw how pathetic it was to let something like that suck up all of your time. I'm sure he had a blast playing the game, but its nice to have my brother back.

well, i didn't play for like 9 or 10 months at all, and now that WOTLK is out, swmbo and i started back up, lol.

we're on the firetree server, we just started a guild called DRUNK AND DISHORDERLY, so if anybody's on firetree, or wants to transfer there, look me up, name is NOMICON

we're not super into it like some are, and we want a guild with older people that like to get drunk and play warcraft for fun and help each other out so hopefully somebody on here plays for the same reasons, and will join up in our guild.

damn, that's almost a good enough reason to start playing again...if I really wanted my relationship to go downhill....everyone at work plays it too

They should have a 12-step program to get away from WoW. Thankfully, I had a child and haven't had the time. I hate to think of the hours that I put into my characters. I could have built a second house. The most ridiculous part is that I still think it would be nice to have a whole day to log in and waste 12 hours... wtf?!

They should have a 12-step program to get away from WoW. Thankfully, I had a child and haven't had the time. I hate to think of the hours that I put into my characters. I could have built a second house. The most ridiculous part is that I still think it would be nice to have a whole day to log in and waste 12 hours... wtf?!

meh..everything in moderation. except beer. :cross:

just wait until your kid gets old enough to play on his/her own. then you have to have three accounts, and start looking for a 3rd computer, haha.

it is addicting, it CAN ruin your life, much like any other hobby, obbsession, etc. BUT, as for me and my family, we will serve the warcraft, lol.

seriously, for us, it's fun, cheap, family entertainment. nothing beats logging on together, grouping up, and going questing, or hunting alliance, or whatever. and it's more entertaining, stimulating than piece of crap reality t.v. and for my son, he's only just turned 6 years old, and last year when he had just turned 5, believe it or not, him playing WoW helped him a TON with learning how to read, spell, type, and understand basic computer using and knowledge.

i play also but limit myself to weekends mostly. full time worker and night school student i just dont have alot of time to sink into it. got me a lvl 68 warrior and it has taken me since january 08 to get him this far. for the horde!

I are a WoW player... when I have time. SWMBO is into it more than I am, but that's cool.
Our accounts are home to multiple 70's. I Recently rolled a Death Knight for kicks and have started leveling the Beerkin in Northrend since I am home with a cold today.. bleh.

For the Horde. sniffle.sneeze.

Wait, so you have to pay for the game, then a monthly fee? I don't think I can hang with that! I tried playing a little bit on a private server, and it was cool but I can't see myself paying that much moola for a game... maybe I'll look up some private servers again and give it another go...

I used to play the old Warcraft in college...you know, the 2D version? Does that count?? :p

My older brother tries to get me to play, but my internet connection is a wifi connection from the doofuses across the street who don't know how to secure their signal. I get sucked into 1-person games easily enough. The last 3 GTA games have taken many hours of my life. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion as well. But I refuse to play MMORPG's. Not happening. I have 2 jobs, just started an LLC, I'm studying for my architect's license, I brew like a madman, I read lots of books, I have a woodworking shop, I'm renovating our house, I'm a gym rat...the only place I can find more time in my life is sleep...and if I don't get my sleep, I'm useless. The last thing I need is some useless timesuck like that.

Your sound card works perfectly

Wait, so you have to pay for the game, then a monthly fee? I don't think I can hang with that! I tried playing a little bit on a private server, and it was cool but I can't see myself paying that much moola for a game... maybe I'll look up some private servers again and give it another go...

The cost is only $15 a month, and you get TONS of gameplay. Name me another game that costs less on a per-day basis!

When you buy the game, you pay $40 (maybe less) and you get a month free, so it's like only paying $25 for the game.

If you end up needing to take a break, then you can just hold the account and when you want to play again, pay your monthly and start playing. Your character remains on the server, just where he/she was.

I hate reviving an old thread, but...

If any one who is playing now and has any thing on the antonidas realm let me know. The SWMBO is out for the night and I’m going to geek it out hard core tonight. I’m trying to get some instances done as well. Razorfen Kraul and Wailing Caverns. I would love to play with some other HBT members. Seems only fitting seeing that I will be drinking lots of homebrew too.

Horde character: Pokewithstic (Lv 27undead warlock)

Alliance: Brokensliper (24 druid)

I know it's an old thread, but after reading through it had to comment. I'm currently getting a bit of junk for not being on WOW the last couple weeks. Reason is reading up on brewing (mostly this forum). Addiction-wise, not sure what happens when the unstoppable force meets the unmovable object...

(Horde on Gul'dan, several high lvls)

funny, my roommate recently started playing it again. He's not to addicted to it,but he does play it alot in his downtime. Seems he just plays quick matches.

Used to, but i'm not fitted to be a Hardcore like player. And there isnt really much to do at level 60 if you arent one.

I recently ended my subscription (for the second time). WoW is insanely addictive. To be honest I did not read this entire thread, but my SWMBO actually joined up with a "Widows of WoW" website somewhere a few years ago.

The main reason why I stopped is because I have a laptop and the WoW program was simply getting too big to run on my system. I was getting riddled with blue screens on a regular basis. Since I deleted it, no more blue screens.

I know it's an old thread, but after reading through it had to comment. I'm currently getting a bit of junk for not being on WOW the last couple weeks. Reason is reading up on brewing (mostly this forum). Addiction-wise, not sure what happens when the unstoppable force meets the unmovable object...

(Horde on Gul'dan, several high lvls)

Homebrewing is what finally broke me of this addictive game.

After 3 years of dedicated play, our guild beat the game before a new expantion was released. Sunwell on farm, nothing new to do. Arena teams getting new seasons gear easily every season.

I wished I had a hobby my wife understood, I tried to look for one. I looked up making whiskey, and it was illegal. Aye, we love the whiskey in these parts. I then figured out homebrewing beer is legal and I asked her if she wanted to learn with me. She accepted and I found this site.

Now she makes beer with me or makes it possible to brew by taking care of a 2 year old who wants nothing more than to pull a pot of boiling wort on his head. I swear, it's his dream in life right now.

The WoW had me hooked, I even baited many o'friends into playing. In the end, the love of the sweet brew saved me from wasteful daily epeen competition and into brewfest competition.

You can beat me in a duel? Pusing buttons isn't that impresive......and just incase it is, I will OWN your **** in Tekken, streetfighter, mortal kombat, and smash brothers. In fact, any fight game where imbalances aren't planned in order to create drama......I will show you a champion.

In case you still play, let me give you the standardization of group markings and it's meanings.

First: Skull, the target with a skull marked need to be blasted down hardcore. Fact is, 3/5 people in the group are retarded and can't CC so make the odds better by blasting down a target in about 3 seconds.

Second: X is always second.....why? Because it has 2 ****ing lines you tard pay attention. Skull first, X second....two lines make an X.....kill the X second. If you are a CC class you are CC'ing the wrong ****ing thing, look for your symbol.

Third: Triangle. Traingle is thirld because it has 3 sides. Tanks, this is your hardest tarteget to maintain because someone is an idiot in every group and pulls aggro. Not to worry, most pulls don't require a triangle.

Fourth: Square. You won't see this often but 4 sides equals a square and equals the fourth person to be killed. Often reserved for when you have a kick ass healer and a tank who can hold aggro and 3 stricly dps classes who know how to rape and not pull aggro. Fact is, when you can burn down a target in 3 secs, your healer should be able to keep you alive for 12 secs no matter what. Bubble, bum rush tank and systematicaly destroy FTW.......if you've never done it, you've never been overgeared.
CC Classes....The symbols are obvious, pay attention.

Moon: Mages, you coun't sheep to go to sleep. Moon means sleep, counting sheep means sleep. You see a moon and you sheep it, it's that simple. After you CC, follow the kill order. BTW, you are hybrid CC/Damage class and not solely a damage class. If you want to be strictly a damage class re-roll a ****ing rogue or a lock. CC, then damge. Your **** ain't that impressive with out CC so make it good and you damage will seem okay. Remember, your damage output is subjective......subjective to you not sucking butt hole and doing your primary **** which it CC.

Diamond: Ah yes, the very rock which strikes fear into the heart of all hetero men. The diamond strikes fear, the warlock also has this same cheese ability. Known as the feta of CC, the **** just stinks. Diminishing return, lulz. Keep your **** feared, it is the first CC we will go after. Heaven knows why you rolled a bot friendly class.....you suck balls and have a hard time paying attention. Just keep it feared, but I swear....if a healer dies because something doesn't stay feared, you are a complete lab rat with a hard on for damage and not skillz.

Condom (the orange circle): Ah yes, the condom. some people call it an orange circle or an orange tiddlywink. We all know it looks like a gold coin. The condom can only mean one thing, a dick move. Of course, the worst dick move in the game is a sap. The orange condom marker shows an enemy will receive the dick move called "sap". Rogues, If you don't have imp sap........****ing die. Don't join my group, your **** sucks anyway and I'd rather have a fear spammer. You are the dick move, you better be able to move and get outta there with out being seen other wise you might as well be a ret pally.

I hope this was helpful to you wow players. Beer is better than button analysis and taking up slack for noobs.

Well, if you are getting bored playing WoW, what about WoWoW:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw8gE3lnpLQ]YouTube - Warcraft Sequel Lets You Play A Character Playing Warcraft[/ame]

Kai

I started playing EQ(1) back in 2000 (when I was single) for 4 years or so. When WoW came out I started (closed beta) then open beta then played on Whisperwind until about the time BC came out (free realm transfer to Zangarmarsh).
My wife plays, my 22yo plays, my 21yo plays, my 18yo plays, my 15yo plays and our 7yo plays (albeit just runs around dying mostly - he's more 'into' dying in counterstrike).
We don't play every day (several evenings a week tho) as we find interactive pastimes beat watching TV. Yeah, I guess we are geeks since we spend so much time playing on the computer (not JUST WoW). Raiding can be fun, heroics can be fun and even farming can be fun but the social interaction seems to be the biggest reason to play for most of us. We are in a guild called Relic and many of the guild members are family with several couples who play together. It beats the heck out of going to the bar in the evening (now that I solved the issue of bringing the bar HOME! ;) )

I stopped playing when money got too tight, actually went as far as selling my account to make sure I didn't get back into playing. Enjoyed the hell out of it, but played way too much.

Condom (the orange circle): Ah yes, the condom. some people call it an orange circle or an orange tiddlywink. We all know it looks like a gold coin. The condom can only mean one thing, a dick move. Of course, the worst dick move in the game is a sap. The orange condom marker shows an enemy will receive the dick move called "sap". Rogues, If you don't have imp sap........****ing die. Don't join my group, your **** sucks anyway and I'd rather have a fear spammer. You are the dick move, you better be able to move and get outta there with out being seen other wise you might as well be a ret pally.

My father travelled on business. We are probably related. :tank
TAC aka Beercan, Brewmaster of Chaos Brewing -- Spec-Ops ( mercenary ) guild of Sen'Jin server. Never pug again.. you have CB members in your group. Wanna clear Naxx in a hurry? Bring us in. muhhaaaaaaaaaa.

I didn't play for about 2.5 years, but recently started playing again. I never let it control my life too much -- I would never pass up a social opportunity to stay home and play. I limit myself to maybe 2-4 hours during the week and mabe as much again on the weekends.

I love it! ...even though I am having to learn how to play all over again!

I have a 73, 64, 32 all on Twisting Nether.

Enjoyed it, but played it way too much.

Played from Open Beta to Arena Season 2. 3 (nearly 4) 70s, did HWL twice... raided every week night, the whole bit.

It was a lot of fun, but when your friends quit it gets old fast. Looking back I spent too much time playing, but time we enjoy wasting is not wasted time, eh?

Anyone go see the critically acclaimed Warcraft movie? (And by acclaimed I mean the critics acclaimed that it was a steaming pile.

It seems to be doing well in sales and viewer reviews are much more positive.

I've been holding out because I want to see it with a friend and his family. His ex has struggled to get time off work to go but I am pretty sure we are seeing it this weekend.

I don't care if it has a lot of game stuff in it. I don't pay much attention to the story lines in the game. I just want a decent action flick with some REALLY good CGI and some Easter Eggs from the games thrown in here and there.

just curious. it's kind of like a big deal, and i guess over 8 million people play it, so statistics would indicate that some of you play it. i played for a bit about a year ago and quit. got back into it, now i play on the firetree p.v.p. server. i have a level 29 undead warlock.

I tried it. Just wasn't wow'ed by it.

Anyone go see the critically acclaimed Warcraft movie? (And by acclaimed I mean the critics acclaimed that it was a steaming pile.

It seems to be doing well in sales and viewer reviews are much more positive.

I've been holding out because I want to see it with a friend and his family. His ex has struggled to get time off work to go but I am pretty sure we are seeing it this weekend.

I don't care if it has a lot of game stuff in it. I don't pay much attention to the story lines in the game. I just want a decent action flick with some REALLY good CGI and some Easter Eggs from the games thrown in here and there.

I plan to see it with my sons.

Well, I got in on the Legion expansion Beta a couple of weeks ago. Between the heat and having summer things to do I have not done much. Seems ok. I honestly need to play more to get a good feel for some of it.

The pre-release patch has come out, so be prepared to reset all talents, etc. and possibly deal with the usual expansion nerfing frustration. A friend was bumming pretty hard on his Hunter until I looked up the rotation and talent builds and he discovered he not only got his Barrage back (by changing the talent tree) but also a new attach called Sidewinder that looks pretty devastating.

I'm sure most classes will have this kind of re-learning to do, plus the new everything else. I'm excited that crafting is important again, and that professions need to share a lot more. Makes it interesting to build new stuff.

Oh, and a lot of the items made in Draenor have been changed to TOYS, so you don't have to carry them in your bag. And they are account-bound, so you can share them between your toons (As long as they have the specs to use them, such as Engineer for Engineering items.)

Finally a skinning loot-a-rang!

Back