Wow! It tastes freaking good!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmarkw

Reaction score
Finally had my first home brew! Made an apple crisp ale and cracked my first one open. Heard the nice carb sound which made me freak out as i was thinking it would be flat. Poured it into a glass and it had a nice head. Tasted awesome. I now have a new addiction! Thought I would share. Been lurking in this forum and I appreciate all the insight

image-3299940552.jpg

Congrats! Good looking beer. Welcome to a whole new way of life (or a different perspective on beer at least)!

That feeling of making your very first delicious beer is so awesomely empowering, isn't it?

That is a pretty beer!

Congrats. Glad it turned out good for you. I love brewing my own and drinking it (even if no one else likes it). My beer actually sucks, but I drink it anyway. I just enjoy the whole process. It truly is an addiction.

Yes, very pretty!

Welcome to the addiction. I was thinking about brewing beer constantly for weeks after I opened my first one.

i remember popping the first cap on my first bottle, hearing that sound and seeing that little bit of c02 gas float elegantly around the neck. Damn, i must say i got giddy.

I was making mediocre beer with Mr Beer for so long that now it's just my natural reaction to think that I'm going to be let down by trying the first bottle of beer from a new batch. However, since I moved on to all grain brewing, I have always been pleasantly surprised by the first sip.

Finally had my first home brew! Made an apple crisp ale and cracked my first one open. Heard the nice carb sound which made me freak out as i was thinking it would be flat. Poured it into a glass and it had a nice head. Tasted awesome. I now have a new addiction! Thought I would share. Been lurking in this forum and I appreciate all the insight

What's the blood stuff on the left glass?:D

40279d1323555924-wow-tastes-freaking-good-image-3299940552.jpg

djfriesen said:
I'm guessing the Fat Tire bicycle?

U would be correct sir! Thanks for all the replies. This was a recipe from Brooklyn brew shop new book and it was a 1 gallon all grain batch. I have a blue moon clone bottled and I have 2 1 gallon carboys fermenting right now. Need to plan my next brew. I have a feeling that I will be moving to 5 gal batches here soon lol

I started with those kits too. Now I do 5 gallon batches and use the smaller carboys for test batches (like my Caldera IPA clone first attempt).

Gotta give you props on starting with all grain 1st. I started with extract then made the plunge to all grain recently. Anyway, nicely done!

Ah, yes, I remember that feeling, opening my first homebrew and being completely amazed at how great it tasted!

Congrats and keep on brewing, it only gets better!

I have my first few bottles in the fridge from my very first batch... I'm almost afraid to try, for fear I'll be disappointed; I'v really been looking forward to getting into brewing for a while.

I've got a cold now, but as soon as my taste buds are back in full operation I'll give 'er a taste!

Back