Hello from the Hop capital of the USA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corkster

Reaction score
Hello From Yakima, Wa.

I'm new not only to the forum but to homebrewing as well.

As a matter of fact, I just started my first real batch of homebrew on Saturday (two days ago) with the aid of my brother (bullrider4 on the forums.... Props to you Bro.) who was visiting for the weekend.

He helped me brew up a Premier Malt Extract batch, and I think it might turn out pretty decent for being a first batch ever and a cheap batch at that.

I tried to do a batch of Apple Cider last fall since I live in an orchard and all, but alas my feeble mind forgot a very important detail having read the instructions a month before I actually engaged in the process.

I added about 5 lbs of sugar instead of 5 cups! Well needless to say it fermented for an ungodly amount of time and the resultant brew was undrinkable.... well actually my wife rather liked it as long as it was sweetened with sugar and cinnamon but I thought it smelled and tasted like kerosene mixed with cheap wine.

Hopefully I will already have the worst of my brewing blunders now under my belt and will be able to proceed in my brewing career with only minor mistakes from here on out! :eek:

Thanks to all who post on these forums as your knowledge and experience is an invaluable resource to myself and others!:mug:

Welcome to the forums, the hop capital of the USA is something Ill drink to :D

Im sure you'll find a good bit of advice on here, hope the first brew turns out well!

So I assume you are setting up some sort of discount shipping program on here?

Welcome to the club!

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

Thanks for the link Boko, I'll check 'em out!

Back