Ninja or Pirate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninja or Pirate?!?

• Ninja!

• Pirate!

• Chuck Norris!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I almost dressed up as a ninja to go see Pirates of the Carribean 2, just to be different. I mean c'mon! The theater will be full of pirates but a ninja will flip out and kill your whole family with the drop of a fork.

There's something wrong with my brain. I can't believe I didn't think of one of my fave movies of all time.

Ninja, Schminza. Who wouldn't want to be THIS guy?

Ize

Ha, yellowbeard! Good call there, my friend.

Also- I submit the point that Walter Matthau was in a movie called "Pirates", directed by Roman Polanski. In fact, neither Matthau nor Polanski was EVER involved in any movie remotely involved with Ninjas.

Ninja.

Look: If the best thing about being a pirate is the lifestyle, the boat, and the drinking, a ninja could sneak aboard, kill everyone on board, and sail to the bahamas before you could say shiver me timbers. After that, it is party time.

AllHoppedUp said:
I gotta go with ninja. From what I've read of pirate life, it's not nearly as romantic as Hollywood makes it out to be. Think months (or more) at sea with no company but the unshowered man whose bunk is but inches from your face. The fresh food was gone long ago so now you only get weevle infested biscuits and maybe some dried meat if you're lucky. You're vitamin C deficient so you're starting to lose teeth due to scurvy. Yeah, there's plenty of rum and beer but that's only because fresh water doesn't last. So you drink in the sun all day and wake up the next morning with the taste of cat piss in your mouth because you've been on a 3 month drinking binge and haven't brushed your teeth once. All you want is one glass of clean water to rinse things out a bit . . . you finally work up the nerve to complain to the captain and he has you flogged for it.

A ninja, on the other hand, could live any lifestyle he chooses. Any man who stands in his way is merely shuriken fodder. If you want to drink rum or beer all day you simply have to kill a man with a decent supply of rum or beer. Your incredible skill in all things deceiving ensure that you'll never be caught.

AHU
buzzkill......
:(
ARRRRR!!!!!! Ye can never have too many seamen on your poop deck!!!! ARRRR!!!! I be liking the ider 'o droppin my anchor in your lagoon. YARRRR!!!!!! The Pirate's life is the life for me!!!!

I would still vote pirate

index-1.gif

I vote for the Ninja sneaking on board a Pirate ship and killing everyone. The only draw back is that Ninja's have to wear uniforms.

Yes, but he would have to wear black all the time...with global warming and being in the tropics..he'd faint before he could attack.

A pirate could also retire in the tropics with his gold...ever heard of a retired ninja?

Pirate is the best way.

All of this "sneaking on board a pirate ship and killing all the pirates" thing would be fine, if it wasn't for the fact that ninjas, much like cats, absolutely can not swim!

Brewpastor said:
It is simple, ever wonder why your butt is sometimes itchy in the morning? Butt Ninjas. They just are too ashamed to talk about it.

Well I don't know about ninjas, but samurai warriors were encouraged to have male lovers (seriously!). Maybe the ninja guys were in on it, too. ;)

<<<<< former student of ancient & classical Japanese literature

I dunno, the_bird, maybe it actually IS Cheesefood! Have you ever seen them together? I didn't think so.

eviltwinofjoni said:
I dunno, the_bird, maybe it actually IS Cheesefood! Have you ever seen them together? I didn't think so.

Hey, I have seen them together. And by that, I mean "together." And let me tell you, it was not pretty.

Brewpastor said:
It is simple, ever wonder why your butt is sometimes itchy in the morning? Butt Ninjas. They just are too ashamed to talk about it.

I think the term is actually "Sphincter Ninja."

the_bird said:
You seem to have a particular interest in that topic, don't you? Are you Cheesefood's female alter-ego?

Huh? I've brought up ninja sex before? (Funny, I think I would remember that.):confused:

Oh, well I didn't start that, just responded. 'sides, a threesome doesn't have to mean there's any guy-on-guy action.

So I go into the auto parts store the other day.
I'm standing at the counter while the guy is running down some stuff for me when this pirate walks in. I had to take a second look. One, because he was a pirate, and two, because he had a steering wheel hanging from his belt.
Me and the guy next to me turn and look at eachother a little perplexed.
So the pirate walks up and down a few isles. On his way back towards the counter I decide I just can't take it anymore, I have to ask.
So I say "Hey, pirate", he looks up.
"You know you have a steeringwheel hanging off your belt"?
And he responds "Arrrrr... it's driving me nuts".

D*Bo said:
So I go into the auto parts store the other day.
I'm standing at the counter while the guy is running down some stuff for me when this pirate walks in. I had to take a second look. One, because he was a pirate, and two, because he had a steering wheel hanging from his belt.
Me and the guy next to me turn and look at eachother a little perplexed.
So the pirate walks up and down a few isles. On his way back towards the counter I decide I just can't take it anymore, I have to ask.
So I say "Hey, pirate", he looks up.
"You know you have a steeringwheel hanging off your belt"?
And he responds "Arrrrr... it's driving me nuts".

Yarrr Harr, haven't heard that in a while! Good one!

Ok... so now that we all know what we would want to be if we were able to be a pirate or ninja character.

So what are you in real life?

Are you a Pirate? No, I hope nobody carries out a pirate life. However, certain aspects of Pirates can certainly be seen in people. They are risky... take chances.... sleep around perhaps (for this specific aspect you can ceertainly use your before marrage personality for all us married folks)... drink possibly to the point where they are a bit more out of control... Do they plan ahead? Please add anyting you like here to show your similarity to a Pirate.

Are you a Ninja (it seems that people are making similarities to a Samari here)? What are they... quiet..... possibly underminding (as in having an agenda without people generally knowing about it)... possibly religious or spiritual (if not formal, informal certainly).... drink, but certainly keeping a sense of control... they possibly take risks but generally the risk probablility are known... Plan ahead to specifics more then likely... Please add anything you like here to show your similarity to a Ninja.

Beer Snob said:
Ok... so now that we all know what we would want to be if we were able to be a pirate or ninja character.

So what are you in real life?

Excellent question.

Decisions relating to money and relationships I calculate and heavily weight alternatives. I try to keep a balance of all things because I believe it is important. However, like a pirate I tend to think about my own well being over others sometimes. That seems to fade with age. So I would say I lay about 70% ninja, 30% pirate in real life.

chillHayze said:
Yarrr Harr, haven't heard that in a while! Good one!

First time I heard that I was giggling for hours. Just break out laughing for no appearant reason (to everyone else). Just one of those ones that struck me as funny. i just have to say the punch line to a friend and he'll be laughing for hours. Kind of corny, but it gets mee just right.

Orpheus said:
The winner may surprise you...

What surprises me is that this debate has been raging for 3 years. (check the date stamp)

Everyone knows the berserker mentality of the Pirate will overwhelm the crafty sissiness of the Ninja every time.... :drunk:

And for the record, Pirate here. I obliterate my competition with quality every single day. :D

Ize

Latest posts

Back