Love my new rims system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4xtreme

Reaction score
The rules say I sould give a brief history .I have been brewing for about ten years I did have brief break of about three four years. My first system was a copie of more beers .

113.jpg

The above picture was of my old system .I think some one in chico cal has it now . That brief break I was talking about was when I moved fropm nor cal to the mid west .

2011-07-06_23-22-41_495.jpg

This is my new rims system I love it .If you guy would like to to see how I built this thing let me now and, I will continue this thread . I do plan on going all electric. I just need to get the wife on bored .:)

Absolutely continue the thread! I'm getting ready to build one of these things and need all of the ideas that I can get. It looks awesome! :mug:

Subscribed.

Keep us updated, I want to build my own system - all grain on a kitchen stove is not easy, so I'm gunna build a temperature controlled brew-shed and up my capacity while Im at it (ok well an insulated shed, with a cold room in the back, I mean there will be an ac unit and whatever in the brew room but I'm not going to try to keep more than the back room temp controlled) =^)

The shed I can build no problem, it's the brew setup that's got me flustered.

The new grant need to do some tweeking still but I feel It is going to work great .

ForumRunner_20120312_082619.jpg

ForumRunner_20120313_100201.jpg

ForumRunner_20120313_100230.jpg

So I just made this new mash padle cant wate to use it next time I brew sould be thursday.

A close up pic of your RIMS Tube would be great if you have time. I'm still trying to get my RIMS Tube design finalized and it helps to see what everyone else is doing. Thanks.

Here is that picture that you asked for . If you need it taken apart let me know

ForumRunner_20120315_131830.jpg

Wow that thing is a beast! Good work. Funny I moved to Columbus last year from San Diego so I feel ya.

Here is that picture that you asked for . If you need it taken apart let me know

View attachment 52674

Thank You. Very nice! My layout is similar, but now I'm starting to get nervous about scorching when making certain styles like (wheat ales) I've been reading about this problem some people are having using RIMS so now I'm considering building a small heat exchanger using 50' of stainless coil in a water bath (basically HERMS) only my system will be a 2 vessel "No Sparge" so I really just need a good heat exchanger without the danger of scorching. Have you ever scorcthed with your RIMS? :confused:

I would be lieing if I said no . I have only had that happend one time and it was do to a stuck mash. I also put the heating element on top of the tube so that it hangs down in the heat exchanger. Other than one time that was it . If it happens more often I would just take a pin lock keg and convert it to a heat exchanger .

I would be lieing if I said no . I have only had that happend one time and it was do to a stuck mash. I also put the heating element on top of the tube so that it hangs down in the heat exchanger. Other than one time that was it . If it happens more often I would just take a pin lock keg and convert it to a heat exchanger .

Thanks for the response. I have a 5 gallon ball lock that I don't use and was thinking the exact same thing, that it may make a nice heat exchanger. Decisions, Decisions.......I already have about $1000.00 into my system, but I want to do it once and do it right. I got my two March pumps yesterday from MoreBeer! :mug:

Back