Bayou Burner Temp Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend and I were recently talking about how nice it would be to have one of these. Good price. I am curious how well it works...

I bought one very similar and it had some stinking timer on it. You had to adjust the timer every 20 minutes or it would go out.. Also, you had to push some button on the bottom to be able to light it.. The whole thing went kapoop during a brew day so we had to rig it up to get by and finish up the brew day.. Needless to say I took it back and got a simple jet burner.. I have been very happy with it so far.

Good luck on your purchase but be aware of that stinking timer.... It just adds something to go wrong.

The one I purchased was close to the link below but it came with a aluminum pot..

OUTDOOR GOURMET DELUXE FRYER STAND

The fundamental problem is there no temperature difference between a boil, a rolling boil and a boil-over.

Latest posts

Back