Zelda themed beer names

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nintendo Power Porter

Yeah, I suck, but the magazine just folded and I haven't thought of or played anything Zelda since the Reagan era. ;)

I think Nintendo Power Porter is a great name. I loved that magazine in grade school. Remember getting the 2nd issue, Legend of Zelda was on the cover, if I remember correctly.

I think Nintendo Power Porter is a great name. I loved that magazine in grade school. Remember getting the 2nd issue, Legend of Zelda was on the cover, if I remember correctly.

I think I still have issues one and 2 somewhere at my Dad's house, but I might have told him to toss them recently when he was going through a bunch of junk in the garage.

Justintoxicated said:
I think I still have issues one and 2 somewhere at my Dad's house, but I might have told him to toss them recently when he was going through a bunch of junk in the garage.

Oops! If they were in decent shape, they would be worth money.

Epona's Elixer

Lord Jabu-Jabu's Pilsner

Shadow Temple Black IPA

Gerudo Seduction

Mine suck but I am so so so happy I found this thread.

A finished product. I went with "Red Potion" for my Irish Red.
RedPotionPatch.jpg

IMAG0218.jpg

I know you've chosen, but I'm surprised nobody posted "OctoBock"....

Ok...going back to nerding out in the basement to Skyward Sword now...

gmcapone said:
Sadly, I still haven't played Skyward sword...im too poor right now =(

You wanna hear sad, I had this game THE DAY it was released but I lived in a house that didn't have a room large/long enough for my wiiremote to register the sensor bar comfortably. I didn't get to play the game until about a week and a half ago.

And I noticed a couple days ago that it doesn't even use the sensor bar during gameplay (ugh) just the motionplus sensors... Very, very sad...

They made a pretty cool Link vs Gohma vid for the E3 convention to show off the new Wii U, looks like another HUGE Zelda game may be in our future. I read something that said the forest dungeon is actually larger than the entire Hyrule field in OoT. Sounds good to me :) I played the original right off the shelf when I was a kid and probably won't stop till I'm dead :D

You wanna hear sad, I had this game THE DAY it was released but I lived in a house that didn't have a room large/long enough for my wiiremote to register the sensor bar comfortably. I didn't get to play the game until about a week and a half ago.

And I noticed a couple days ago that it doesn't even use the sensor bar during gameplay (ugh) just the motionplus sensors... Very, very sad...

They made a pretty cool Link vs Gohma vid for the E3 convention to show off the new Wii U, looks like another HUGE Zelda game may be in our future. I read something that said the forest dungeon is actually larger than the entire Hyrule field in OoT. Sounds good to me :) I played the original right off the shelf when I was a kid and probably won't stop till I'm dead :D

That sucks lol. As much as I love Zelda, I'm kind of reluctant to buy the new Wii U. They've put out nothing but garbage on the Wii minus their top franchises. I feel like its essentially paying hundreds of dollars for some smart phone games.

gmcapone said:
That sucks lol. As much as I love Zelda, I'm kind of reluctant to buy the new Wii U. They've put out nothing but garbage on the Wii minus their top franchises. I feel like its essentially paying hundreds of dollars for some smart phone games.

I wouldn't even have a regular Wii if Skyward Sword wasn't on its way when I got it. I played Twilight Princess on the GameCube I bought so I could play the Wind Waker (lol sensing a theme here?). I will probably buy the Wii U at some point if I hear a new Zelda is coming out on it too. I really do hope that they start making some great new games for the Nintendo platform though.

Well the system isn't even out yet, so give it time. They have over 50 games coming to the Wii u between November 18 and march 2013, many if which are damn good games. Plus, that new controller looks pretty sweet. Wii BrU, anyone?

Well the system isn't even out yet, so give it time. They have over 50 games coming to the Wii u between November 18 and march 2013, many if which are damn good games. Plus, that new controller looks pretty sweet. Wii BrU, anyone?

I'm also not excited about the touch screen controller honestly. They show footage where you use it to switch weapons in a FPS....um hold on a second while I look away from the screen to change my weapon. Idk, it looks really gimicky to me and seems like it will add very little to the actual system and games.

Yeah, Miyamotosan is a real conceptual guy, and I think the touchscreen is going to end up making it so you can play it like a console, or a portable depending. Dunno, he is always trying to reinvent gaming so I'm sure whatever it does it will bring something new to the table.

gmcapone said:
I'm also not excited about the touch screen controller honestly. They show footage where you use it to switch weapons in a FPS....um hold on a second while I look away from the screen to change my weapon. Idk, it looks really gimicky to me and seems like it will add very little to the actual system and games.

Well, its going to be up to game developers as to how to use it, if at all...it isn't mandatory to use the touch screen. They also made a new controller that looks like an xbox 360 controller for the Wii u also.

EB here had preorders open for one day, and I'm in for the Deluxe Version :D

Haven't played Skyward Sword because I bricked my Wii trying to play Epic Mickey, and never bothered trying to fix it. Will have to pick it up now to play on the Wii U.

Oh, and...

Hey!feweizen

I have three games for my Wii, Skyward Sword, Cabela's Great Hunts (my wife and I love to go out for a pint and play deer hunter at the bar), and Epic Mickey lol...I think I'm going to take another stab at Mickey when I finish LOZSS

Cool concept. I think you may like this if you have never seen it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, Mario was so bad it was awesome. If they ever did make that though...yeah it would be terrible. Its hard to take a movie seriously when characters look that ridiculous no matter how much you polish them up. Not to mention the story would be pretty non existent. Sure there is a beginning and end, but what would be the middle? The protagonist going through dungeons and fighting? There is not enough substance to the story to make it a full length movie. Lets not forget the fact that the protagonist wouldn't be able to speak and if he did I think most would automatically walk out of the theatre.

gmcapone said:
Lol, Mario was so bad it was awesome.

The Mario movie was terrible. All they had to do was jump into pipes and smash turtles and goombas and it would've been so bad it's awesome. It was way too serious and it seemed like they had a **** script and decided they'd sell more tickets if they called it a Mario movie. Not enough beer in the world to make that movie good. I tried. On the other hand, minesweeper the movie has some promise. As does Tetris!

Just glanced at the title and now I have the theme song stuck in my head!

FYI if you like the theme, there are many covers done by people on different instruments. My favorite so far is the asian kid who double taps it on his guitar.

sieglere said:
The Mario movie was terrible. All they had to do was jump into pipes and smash turtles and goombas and it would've been so bad it's awesome. It was way too serious and it seemed like they had a **** script and decided they'd sell more tickets if they called it a Mario movie. Not enough beer in the world to make that movie good. I tried. On the other hand, minesweeper the movie has some promise. As does Tetris!

I hear Leguizamo and Hoskins were hammered for most of the shooting.

Just glanced at the title and now I have the theme song stuck in my head!

FYI if you like the theme, there are many covers done by people on different instruments. My favorite so far is the asian kid who double taps it on his guitar.

My fav...the guy looks like he is auditioning for Blue Man group lol. He does just about every song though, its pretty awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back