Kegerator gas line lengths?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikesalvo

Reaction score
I finally got some additional kegs, and a 2 way manifold for my kegerator, so I can finally have 2 kegs in there.

Question: My 1st keg kit came with a sexy red hose for the c02 line. I like the idea of having a different color line for the gas. Even though I have a manifold with cut offs, it's foolproof. I'm going to need more gas line to supply 2 kegs with c02. The line the kit came with is roughly 46" long. Is there any harm in me cutting this in half and making 2 x 23" lines out of it? I would just buy more, but I cant find the red tubing at any of my local retail go to spots (LHBS, Lowes, Ace etc...).

Before you cut it though, try to think through any implications of the shorter lines - will those shorter lines still be able to reach from your manifold to your kegs? Will you be able to remove the kegs from your kegerator while hooked up to gas - and is that a concern for you?

Latest posts

Back