Homebrew in Arlington

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nktsvls

Reaction score
I just recently moved to Arlington, Crystal City to be exact. Was wondering if anyone could provide some information on brewshops in the area or what the best option is to get supplies? Just moved from the Southwest so everything is new to me. I'm not a very advanced brewer, I brew 3-4 batches a year, mostly partial mash, so I'm mostly looking for somewhere convienent. Maybe on the metro if possible.

Thanks for any tips you have!

I just recently moved to Arlington, Crystal City to be exact. Was wondering if anyone could provide some information on brewshops in the area or what the best option is to get supplies? Just moved from the Southwest so everything is new to me. I'm not a very advanced brewer, I brew 3-4 batches a year, mostly partial mash, so I'm mostly looking for somewhere convienent. Maybe on the metro if possible.

Thanks for any tips you have!

closest HBS to you would be MyLHBS, 6201 Leesburg Pike in Falls Church. area is called 7 Corners. major commercial area. tons of shopping (box stores + mom& pops) & restaurants (chain + local), including a Dogfish Head Alehouse, right across the street from MyLHBS. take your MyLHBS receipt over to DfH and get a 15% discount on meals

traffic is a huge problem in that area, 3 major roads converge right there (Routes 7 & 50 and Wilson Blvd)

nearest Metrorail station is East Falls Church, about a mile & 1/2 away

There isn't a homebrewshop on the metro unfortunately. myLHBS is the closest, and easy by car. There's also 3 Stars in DC, which is a LITTLE more metro accessible, and by that I mean still a good mile+ walk each way from Takoma (and some folks will tell you it's not the nicest area to walk through. Doesn't bug me, but it's still a major hike).

I highly recommend myLHBS. Selection is good, turnaround is good, they have just about everything, and whatever they don't have they're usually able to order for you. If you have the ability to go during the day during the week it's ideal. I know some folks don't really get along with the owner Derek but I really like the guy and have never had a problem with him. Plus the prices are generally competitive with even the online guys, and sometimes even cheaper. I've been using em for years and probably won't switch without something major happening.

Also, scope out GRIST homebrew club. We meet the 2nd Wednesday of the month at the VFW in Arlington a few blocks from Courthouse metro.

Back