Sub for Kent Goldings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiodad

Reaction score
What would be the best sub for Kent Goldings? I have both Willamette and Fuggles... Both I think are close but not sure which would be closer for a flavor add?

They are both very similar in my opinion (Willamette and Fuggles) can't go wrong either way IMHO.

Willamette is an American Fuggle verity. Both are acceptable subs for EKG. I'd go Fuggle just to stay on the right side of the pond.

Any Fuggle cultivar is an acceptable substitute for EKG but will not age as nicely or give the same earthy notes. Styrian Goldings is my favorite of the Fuggle family.

I like willamette for Fuggles...You can't beat real EK Goldings IMO but try Whitbread Goldings, (a cross between Fuggles and EK Goldings), Progress, Stryrian Goldings, Glacier, BC Goldings(Canadian grown Goldings).

I notice that Yakima Goldings has not been recommended thusfar. What's the opinion of that particular variety? It seems fairly easy to find.

Latest posts

Back