Summer brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phooka

Large Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe this is common knowledge and I just missed that part of class, but what to do in the summer? I haven't been able to brew anything the last month since it's become warm and the bugs have become more prolific. My wife doesn't care for the brewery smell inside the house (I know.. I don't get it either).

I have a garage. I suppose I could keep the doors closed to keep the bugs out, and get a high wattage electric burner. I'd certainly lose weight that way. But really, what do the rest of you do? Do you suck it up and say "Ahh a little bug in the brew adds character!" or do you have some other means of satisfying your summer craving for brewing up something?

??

dale

I couldn't care less about bugs, honestly. As long as they don't get in there after I chill it (and at that point, you can put the top on the kettle), then whatever crap they're carrying will most likely be killed by the heat.

My main problem in the summer is that my basement gets warmer and it pushes the upper limits of most ale fermentation ranges.

Latest posts

Back