March pumps, and being close to heat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrislehr

Reaction score
Anyone know what temp the march pumps can stand? I have a brewstand with 3 banjo burners (200k BTU) and I don't even like standing near it on full blast. I would be really concerned about leaving the pumps 6" under the burners on this stand... I have heat shields for them as well, but it still seems like it would at least impact the life of the pump negatively.

Anyone?

IMG_0371.jpg

You can see here the plate where a pump was intended to be mounted.

That does look close add a shelf where you were going to mount it and mount the pump under that. I have seen plenty of rigs with the pumps mounted under the shelf plus it looks like you have plenty of room under there.

That looks like a stand from BrewersEquipment. I recently received mine and was wondering the same thing. I believe there are quite a few people on these boards that have stands from them, so I'm sure someone can chime in.

That looks like a stand from BrewersEquipment. I recently received mine and was wondering the same thing. I believe there are quite a few people on these boards that have stands from them, so I'm sure someone can chime in.

Yea, there isnt so much as a review on them, or an owners group, but there should be.

Upgrades I already want:
1) cotter pins holding the legs in. Its awesome unloading from a truck and having the legs fall out.
2) Shelf on the bottom for packing up and storing
3) A swivel/tilt mount for my therminator to swap from flow to cleaning position.

Yea, there isnt so much as a review on them, or an owners group, but there should be.

Upgrades I already want:
1) cotter pins holding the legs in. Its awesome unloading from a truck and having the legs fall out.
2) Shelf on the bottom for packing up and storing
3) A swivel/tilt mount for my therminator to swap from flow to cleaning position.

I believe that a shelf is one of the options you can purchase from them. I like the cotter pin idea for the legs, that might be something I have to implement on mine. I feel like if the pump mount was on the bottom of that rail and the pump was upside down it would be better, but Im not sure if you can mount a march pump that way. Im actually waiting on some pump shields from them right now, and Im mounting my burners a little higher so Im hoping that takes care of the heat issue with the pumps.

The pumps should be ok...why are you running the banjo burners at full tilt anyway? I find that full blast does nothing but waste propane. Much past about a 1" flame seems like overkill, most of the heat goes up the sides of the kettle instead of being absorbed.

Back