Allow myself to introduce.....myself

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I recently purchased the Complete Joy to Homebrewing and ordered my equipment kit from Michigan Brewing Company last night. Hopefully I will be brewing my first batch this weekend or next week!

Does anyone know of any home brew shops in the Richmond, VA area? The only one I know of is in Chester, VA and that is about 35-40 minutes away from me.

Welcome! Brewing is my newest hobby as well, and I am hooked! It is fun, productive, and you can be creative with your recipes. Another good thing is that you can be a "couple batches a year" or a "couple a month", and it is still satisfying.

HurricaneFloyd said:
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I recently purchased the Complete Joy to Homebrewing and ordered my equipment kit from Michigan Brewing Company last night. Hopefully I will be brewing my first batch this weekend or next week!

Does anyone know of any home brew shops in the Richmond, VA area? The only one I know of is in Chester, VA and that is about 35-40 minutes away from me.
Um, let me guess...

Your name is Richie Cunningham, and your wife is Oprah? :)

bikebryan said:
Your name is Richie Cunningham, and your wife is Oprah? :)
Well I thought I knew Happy Days, but that went right over my head. :confused:

Welcome to the forums, Floyd. :)

El Pistolero said:
Well I thought I knew Happy Days, but that went right over my head. :confused:

Welcome to the forums, Floyd. :)

"Allow myself to introduce.... myself"
"My name is Richie Cunningham and this is my wife Oprah"
"Who does #2 work for?"

All Austin Powers references....

thanks for the link, looks like Chester is the closest place. :(

Anyone know if there is some kind of list out there for clones? I'm looking for a clone for Saranac or Mobjack beers.

there's a book called Beer Captured that's full of clones. maybe one of the guy's that has it will check and see?

DeRoux's Broux said:
there's a book called Beer Captured that's full of clones. maybe one of the guy's that has it will check and see?
I've got Beer Captured, but don't remember offhand either Saranac or Mobjack being in it (could be wrong). It could also been in Clone Brews. If you do make it to the HBS in Chester they may have a store copy of either of those books and could help you find a clone for the style you're trying to make.

BeeGee said:
And those are great movies...at least I and III were.
I beg to differ. :mad: ;) It's simply not possible for anything with MM in it to be a great movie...I know because I was forced to sit thru Cat in the Hat. :(

El Pistolero said:
I beg to differ. :mad: ;) It's simply not possible for anything with MM in it to be a great movie...I know because I was forced to sit thru Cat in the Hat. :(

You have my sympathies! But give AP or, one of my favorites, Wayne's World a try!

And welcome, HurricaneFloyd!:)

Rhoobarb said:
You have my sympathies! But give AP or, one of my favorites, Wayne's World a try!

And welcome, HurricaneFloyd!:)

I'll second two of those - Wayne's World is great! "If you were an ice cream flavour....":D
And welcome HF!:)

Back