What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee. Six DIPAs after not drinking all week probably wasn't the bestest idea. :drunk:

Disagree. You're here to talk about it. It's all good.

Best thing about drinking all day slowly is I don't feel terrible. I'm tired, but that's because I don't sleep enough. I need to get out and buy something to snack on today. Hope the shelves aren't all apocalyptic like they were the day it snowed.

Anybody but Seattle.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391348141.432396.jpg

Oolong. Getting ready to bottle first batch of scuppernong saison so I have a fermneter for the Baltic Porter I'm brewing today. Getting strike water filtered and about to get my mill on. I can see a michelada in my future.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391350524.748281.jpg
Couple fermenter samples. Dark strong with cantillon Brett and red with wlp665 and c&c la folie dregs is a friends homebrew. Need to clear up some fermenter space and these seem like the most likely candidates. Might try some blending today.

Coffee with some Sudafed and Advil. Feel like death today. Great day to not be 100%

That stinks. I took it easy yesterday for that very reason. Two years ago, on SB Sunday, I caught the flu and left the party at halftime. It sucked bad.

I'm ready for tonight. The festivities will begin around 4.

Having another Coff at the moment as I clean the house.

Coffee with some house maintenance and a still feverish 4yo. After I drop my mother at the airport, chilli and good beers - double jack anyone? Sucks that I can't get the game on the antenna - hopefully I can get the booster installed and it will help.

That stinks. I took it easy yesterday for that very reason. Two years ago, on SB Sunday, I caught the flu and left the party at halftime. It sucked bad.

I'm ready for tonight. The festivities will begin around 4.

Having another Coff at the moment as I clean the house.

Got hit with a cold yesterday and felt like my head was gonna explode this morning and last night. Super achy today, but not coughing as much and the meds have kicked in, so hopefully I can enjoy some beers later.
More coffee while the kids play. SWMBO is working til 7 so its just me and them for the day...

Just got back from having a coffee in downtown Newtown. Back with some snacks, too. Having a quart of water before I hit the beer.

At the shop again and can't decide what to pick up and bring to the party.

Hoppin' Frog's double pumkin is pretty good,as is their Turbo Shandy. Lagunitas IPA is damn good,as is Victory's Hop Devil. Maybe some arrogant Bastard as well? I got some White Rajah IPA from The Brew Kettle over in Strongsville that's surprisingly good.

Robotmas Gandhi. I like Remmy's Blaster Master better. The bitterness on his is smoother and I like the aroma better.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Home Brew mobile app

1391362198987.jpg

Just finished making my two runs for wings. They'll be going on the grill later today.

Having a HB coffee stout on the front porch. It's nice out here.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391362811.005847.jpg

Still on the coff and prepping for later. ABTs are assembled, wings are separated and ready to cook, and sangria is mixed and in the freezer for the ladies.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391363438.092843.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1391363513.089641.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1391363550.256484.jpg
Now nothing to do but relax until cooking time.

Sent from my brain using sarcasm

I haven't made ABTs in months. My smoker is dirty and it's a ***** to clean so I am not smoking anything today.

Looks good, Wes!!!

I haven't made ABTs in months. My smoker is dirty and it's a ***** to clean so I am not smoking anything today.

Looks good, Wes!!!
Thanks!
It's been a while for me too, but they were my wife's #1 request for today.
I need to make them more often than I do.

What are you smoking them with? I usually hit them with apple, maple or cherry.

What are you smoking them with? I usually hit them with apple, maple or cherry.

I'm actually having to grill these today. They're not as good, but I've had to do it before and they still turn out fine using indirect heat on a gas grill.
I've never personally used any fruit woods, usually stick to oak or mesquite, but I remember you suggesting fruit wood one time before. Maybe next time I make them I'll try it out with apple or cherry.

Grilling these are a pain in the ass. I've done it once at a tailgate and it was pretty hard to get the bacon to crisp on top while trying to not flip them (cream cheese will leak out and make a floccing mess). Also, the bacon fat gets all over the damn place so make sure you clean that grill ice it's still warm. Or you'll have some nice, white bacon fat on that puppy tomorrow morning.

What store is that, I see some things my local doesn't carry, might need to poke my head in the next time I'm in the vicinity.

Chef, it's in Morristown. The thing I like is that their prices match what you see on beer menus site. Not always the case for me.

1391367080764.jpg

Back