What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last bottle of a batch of saison I made about a year ago. Somehow, I managed to lose track of this one. Not bad, but past its prime, and a bit overly phenolic. None of the other bottles drank that way. Odd.

In for an ounce, in for a growler :D

image-953148259.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Seems everyone points out background items in my pictures and yes it is. Good eye.

Ill eventually will smash. I like it. No head to it though. Im used to spicey goodness

I liked it a lot, I was surprised at how the heat crept up on me when I drank it. Very sweet though.

Channel66 said:
Thanks guys, nah it's not the first, it's just one step closer to production, they are tweaking the grain bill a smidge etc. I don't have much to do with it outside the beasties. I'm drinking coffee, the wife's grandfather passed away last night, and her grandmother passed this morning. Driving north. All the way north. Either tonight or tomorrow morning.
Channel66 said:
Crazy how 60 years of marriage makes you so dependent on each other. He had a heart attack, and she just passed, no illness just... didn't want to/couldn't live without him I suppose.

Damn dude. Sorry for the loss.

image-3035988079.jpg

Drinking a Lagunitas IPA after moving my sister/ while helping her unpack.

Gabe! This is an awesome berliner weisse man. It is pretty lightly carbonated. The sourness is incredible on it. I love the light peach notes at the end. I think carbonation is my only complaint. I tried to let it sit a week or two like you said. Dangerously drinkable. When are you opening that brewery? :) I haven't had that much experience with the style but you beat out 4 Hands and Perennial locally with their renditions of a berliner weisse. Nice job sir.

image-219987014.jpg

Damn! Thought you posted a 2012. I have one in the fridge that is going to get opened soon and I wanted to hear someone's impressions on it.

^this is for Allen since quote of a picture isn't working so hot from the app or it's just not showing on my phone.

Stillwater Cellar Door. Nice beer, but not enjoying the sage so much. Any recommendations for other brews from these guys?

xMalachi said:
Damn! Thought you posted a 2012. I have one in the fridge that is going to get opened soon and I wanted to hear someone's impressions on it.

^this is for Allen since quote of a picture isn't working so hot from the app or it's just not showing on my phone.

I've never had one make it a year. It's a damn solid beer, but 6 months is very kind to it. There are 9 cases left at my local liquor, I plan on picking up some more. Maybe those will make it, but I doubt it.

chef273b said:
Stillwater Cellar Door. Nice beer, but not enjoying the sage so much. Any recommendations for other brews from these guys?

I thouroughly enjoyed their dark saison. Called a saison darkly.

WANT!!! I love Surly stuff, and wish we could get it in California. How is it??

Very good. Quite dank, resinous and overall hoppily delicious. You might still be able to arrange a trade with someone in Minneapolis. Better get on that if you want some. Speaking of...

Another Wet to finish off the evening. :)

Channel66 said:
Thanks guys, nah it's not the first, it's just one step closer to production, they are tweaking the grain bill a smidge etc. I don't have much to do with it outside the beasties.

I'm drinking coffee, the wife's grandfather passed away last night, and her grandmother passed this morning. Driving north. All the way north. Either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Sorry to hear that man.

Channel, my condolences to both you and your wife. That's rough. Enjoy your brews tonight man.

I had to get the fook out of that apt today. I'm all on my own at a cool joint called Old Chicago. It's probably a chain that some of you may know. I was going to go to Bricktown brewery, but the brewpubs here can't sell anything over 4%! Wtf?!! I thought PA was bad. I won't complain anymore. Anyway, I am trying a local brewery...Coop DNR Belgian Style Golden Ale ringing in at 10%! This is pretty damn good!

image-4015323864.jpg

Thanks guys, nah it's not the first, it's just one step closer to production, they are tweaking the grain bill a smidge etc. I don't have much to do with it outside the beasties.

I'm drinking coffee, the wife's grandfather passed away last night, and her grandmother passed this morning. Driving north. All the way north. Either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Whoa, that's a lot to deal with. Tell her you internet beer friends send their condolences.

Channel, my condolences to both you and your wife. That's rough. Enjoy your brews tonight man.

I had to get the fook out of that apt today. I'm all on my own at a cool joint called Old Chicago. It's probably a chain that some of you may know. I was going to go to Bricktown brewery, but the brewpubs here can't sell anything over 4%! Wtf?!! I thought PA was bad. I won't complain anymore. Anyway, I am trying a local brewery...Coop DNR Belgian Style Golden Ale ringing in at 10%! This is pretty damn good!

Couldn't get the grandpa's out the apt?

Gabe! This is an awesome berliner weisse man. It is pretty lightly carbonated. The sourness is incredible on it. I love the light peach notes at the end. I think carbonation is my only complaint. I tried to let it sit a week or two like you said. Dangerously drinkable. When are you opening that brewery? :) I haven't had that much experience with the style but you beat out 4 Hands and Perennial locally with their renditions of a berliner weisse. Nice job sir.
It's Gabe's berliner night in HBT. That makes me happy! :tank: Honestly, I think that beer was too acidic to carbonate. You don't get acetic? I don't, but my friend with a $hit palate (who won't ever read this because he's too cool for HBT and only posts on BA....) swears it is. Of course he also wants more of it. Like I said earlier, I think there may be some uncoverted malic acid from the somewhat under ripe white peaches I used. Since I sour mashed, the lacto was dead and couldn't convert the malic acid to lactic acid and lactic is harsher on the palate. Not too dangerous, it's less alcohol than budweiser, though maybe dangerous for your tooth enamel. I'll have to send everyone some from the next batch. I want more base berliner doughy notes and plan to go back to less time on the fruit.
Premium is great if you can ignore the price tag. So true for so many beers.
I thouroughly enjoyed their dark saison. Called a saison darkly.
Any beer that pays homage to Philip K Dick better be good!
Channel, my condolences to both you and your wife. That's rough. Enjoy your brews tonight man. I had to get the fook out of that apt today. I'm all on my own at a cool joint called Old Chicago. It's probably a chain that some of you may know. I was going to go to Bricktown brewery, but the brewpubs here can't sell anything over 4%! Wtf?!! I thought PA was bad. I won't complain anymore. Anyway, I am trying a local brewery...Coop DNR Belgian Style Golden Ale ringing in at 10%! This is pretty damn good!
That makes me feel so much better about our 6.2 rule here.

image-1881566360.jpg

Sad state of affairs 'it actually tastes like beer for a iipa' according to the mrs. Scouted some possible brewery locations tonight. So many empty buildings, it will be hard to choose. Real estate is so cheap we might not be limited to former restaurant space.

Crazy how 60 years of marriage makes you so dependent on each other. He had a heart attack, and she just passed, no illness just... didn't want to/couldn't live without him I suppose.

Guess that's what's love is all about. Glass raised to you're gp's-in-law.

Ok another cellar door.
Pitched wlp 566 to a starter, and bumped up the 10 month old 670 starter with another 500 ml wort. We'll see how this works with the Bam Biere recipe.

Very good. Quite dank, resinous and overall hoppily delicious. You might still be able to arrange a trade with someone in Minneapolis. Better get on that if you want some. Speaking of...

Another Wet to finish off the evening. :)

Ummm...that sounds exactly like what I want and NEED in my gullet! I put up a post in the trade section if anyone wants to send some my way for Pliny and Blind Pig.

Ok another cellar door.
Pitched wlp 566 to a starter, and bumped up the 10 month old 670 starter with another 500 ml wort. We'll see how this works with the Bam Biere recipe.

If you want some bugs or critters to go in there, just let me know. You follow the recipe as is? Crystal hops? Late hopped a brown saison with crystal today, I'd forgotten how much I like that hop. Can't wait to get some fresh whole cone.

Back