Online Job Applications...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you seeking work ran across companies that require a SSN & DL# to apply online for a job?

It makes me think where the he!! have these people been? Who is stupid enough to provide that info for job application?

I understand that they use it to do background checks, credit or criminal but how about letting that personal info come later down the road if I think I really want the job.

:mad:

I've seen it before, but I don't ever give the info. For much the same reason you gave. I may not want this job and I don't want to get dinged on my credit report because you run every SSN you get on your website. Not to mention, if the listing is by a less than reputable company it could be a complete sham intended only for the purpose of obtaining that information.

It's a trick question!

If you do provide the info it's flagged that you are unreliable with retaining sensitive information.

Goverment websites are little different in my opinion. They may be less secure but I know that's how they operate. SSN is their serial that they gave you. Thinking of the military and how many times I had to spew it out for identification.

It's a trick question!

If you do provide the info it's flagged that you are unreliable with retaining sensitive information.

I would like to think thats the case. I replied to their auto email with this response.

To whom it may concern,

I applied online for the Des Moines Outside Sales Position. I did not
provide you the correct SSN or DLN for reasons of protecting my identity.
In the event that you want to pursue me as candidate I will gladly provide
that information if I feel we are a good match. Thank you for your
understanding regarding this very personal matter.

Latest posts

Back